Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Other Aircrew Forums > Cabin Crew
Reload this Page >

QF shortlisters

Wikiposts
Search
Cabin Crew Where professional flight attendants discuss matters that affect our jobs & lives.

QF shortlisters

Search this Thread

Old 11th Feb 2004, 11:34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF shortlisters

Well guys.....anyone with ANY info for we shortlisters?? My cut-off date like many other ppl was 4th February......haven't had the mandatory "courtesy email" that we have received a few times thus far......

I believe that another (more informal) interview is held so that we may be given one final 6 month period on the list.....here's hoping after all this time!

Peanut Pusher??

Good luck fellow shortlisters!

Oz
Old 11th Feb 2004, 11:54

Here's a thread that was running last week (or the week before)....

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...hreadid=117939
Old 13th Feb 2004, 11:34

As someone on the shortlist myself, I'm also feeling a wee bit anxious for any news!

What I do know (from reading these and other forums) is this...btw, I can't guarantee this is all fact, so as with anything we read here, take it with a pinch of salt...:

* QF has recently spent $47m on purchasing two slots into London Heathrow, to introduce new Sydney-New Delhi-London and Sydney-Shanghai-London routes. These have to be taken up by June - or they lose them.
* US Flying will be at pre-9/11 schedules shortly - when I have no idea...
* There is a lot of discussion between Short Haul and Long Haul re: A330 flying. Deliveries of the A330 haven't been deferred or delayed, so one must assume (even with the withdrawal of the 767-200 a/c) that something must be happening soon.
* QF are also (apparently) shopping around for a few second hand 747-400's - for the purpose of flying these new routes.
* QF also recently announced the inauguration of BNE-LAX direct services three times a week (presumeably not at the full expense of BNE-AKL-LAX services).

Fingers crossed all shortlisters hear some good news real soon!
Old 13th Feb 2004, 17:50

Nice one Mr SB2! Thanks for the info.

Good to hear of some positive news, whether it translates to employment remains to be seen, but good to see the industry picking up!