Wikiposts
Search
Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.

The Highest Unsecured Loan?

Search this Thread

Old 1st May 2001, 14:33
CommanderBlonde

Question The Highest Unsecured Loan?

Having just found out that I can't get security for a Professional Studies Loan from the "pilot's bank" HSBC - I'd like to know what is the maximum amount anyone has managed to borrow without security (but with lots of grovelling)?

Old 1st May 2001, 21:11
HomerSimpson

Cool

I got £15K from them and £8K from Barclays. HSBC wanted me to take 25K but I didn't need it then, however, now is a different story!

Homer

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

Old 1st May 2001, 21:49
CommanderBlonde

Talking

HomerSimpson - Were HSBC prepared to lend you £25k unsecured?

Old 1st May 2001, 22:07
ballistic non-guided

£15,000, £7000 short of the mark.

But due to recent juicy information I may be able to increase it. I've just found out that a very close friend of mine (whose past history would make even the Marquess De Sade blush) is now, shall-we-say - frequently taking a bite from the 'sacred apple' which just happens to be my local HSBC Manageress!

"Anyone have a small concealable camera that I can borrow?" (I'll let you see the photo's).

Old 1st May 2001, 22:36
swiftlee

Homer, to re-ask Commander's question, would HSBC have given you 25k unsecured?

Also, were Barclays happy to lend you the other 8k in the knowledge that you had 15k with HSBC?

Old 2nd May 2001, 22:17
Mozzy

Question

I'm looking forward to the awnser aswell.......

P.S. Anyone either looking at, or have used 4Forces Aviation. I would like as much info as poss' please.....

Thanx

Old 3rd May 2001, 00:19
You Aint Seen Me. Roit!

HSBC have just given me 8k unsecured.

It was very easy and I'm certain I would have got much more had I asked for it or needed it.

I didn't even have an account with them before the application.

[This message has been edited by You Aint Seen Me. Roit! (edited 02 May 2001).]

Old 3rd May 2001, 01:28
CommanderBlonde

I’ve recently read that you can get a Career Development Loan for up to £24,000! Has anyone got any confirmation of this?

Old 3rd May 2001, 04:11
HomerSimpson

CommanderBlonde,

HSBC were happy to loan me the cash unsecured. I went to them with a plan of what I wanted to do, how I wanted to do it and how I was going to pay them back. They were happy because I had a degree, got myself good grades (well ok ones) and presented myself to them which basically showed them I wasn't going to rip them off and spend it on women and booze.

I din't take the full £25K, only because I could get cash off another company at a low rate. So I split the loans which reduced the interest and therefore when the damn repayments come in I'm moving house and changing my name to Ned Flanders!

Homer

My friend who also has a degree got £28,000 from them, but I'm not sure whether it was secured or unsecured. I'll find out if anyone wants to know.

------------------

Old 3rd May 2001, 12:24
CommanderBlonde

Thanks for that Homer - If you could find out if your friend had to get security I would appreciate it.

I've spoken to the HSBC - the manager is very friendly and helpful (even said he was jealous!) initially I was talking about borrowing the whole whack (up to £50,000) but now I think I would only need about £25,000 (only!!) so this is looking pretty positive...

Old 4th May 2001, 00:26
HomerSimpson

Thumbs up

CommanderBlonde,

I'll check with her and let you A.S.A.P

Best Regards,

Homer

------------------