Wikiposts
Search
Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Ctc Icp

Search this Thread

Old 22nd Feb 2008, 11:50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ctc Icp

How have people found the selection for this and more importantly arranging the finance? I have been told that although the info states HSBC and Halifax are only prepared to offer £25000 unsecured, they are willing to lend all of it unsecured depending on credit history. Has anyone been able to do this?
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 01:50

From memory when I went through it in August last year...

I did the selection for the iCP and found it quite straight forward. 1st thing to remember is that it is nowhere as stringent as the Wings Cadet scheme selection. iCP selection is one day where you do the pilapt and the Indian Ocean group excercise. Afterwards they dicuss with you one to one on how you did and whether you want to "sign up".

As for the finance (HSBC), when I spoke to them (there is a specific branch and person you need to speak to both of which I can't remember now) I was told that originally they would finance iCP cadets but then it came to light that it was not guaranteed a job like the Wings Cadets were so they suspended financing pending a meeting with CTC in October last year.

Hope this helps and maybe someone can give you definitive information regarding Finance as I in the end chose a new route.

AS787
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 07:49

I know some iCP cadets have gotten the full expense for the training covered by HSBC but contacting CTC directly will give you a better idea.
Old 25th Feb 2008, 10:49

thanks for the replies - AIR SEYCHELLES 787 - why did you decide against the ICP scheme in the end?
I have spoken to CTC and they have said it is possible to get full funding unsecured, but would need to speak to the banks direct. I just wasnt sure if it was a ploy to get me to go along to an assesment. I dont want to waste my time if there isnt a chance of getting funding at the end of it. My credit score was 0 on a free credit check which apparently is excellent, so I'd hope to be ok.
Old 25th Feb 2008, 12:10

Newbie,

If you do well in the assesment and you have a good credit score then I see no reason why you wouldn't get the funding as HSBC and CTC have a good relationship. If CTC tells you that HSBC will fund the iCP that means that since my assesment they have sorted this out and I believe you will get it.

The reason I chose another path is even though CTC wings I believe is a great place to train (going New Zealand for a year), new training aircraft and PROVEN airline links, the iCP course is an integrated course without the all important AQC course at the end. You pay for the iCP then you pay for the AQC course seperately and that's IF the AQC is open to applications at the time which it usually isn't due to the high number of applicants. Also I was put in a position to comfortably self fund a modular course in a way where it can be done in a integrated fashion. If however you wanted to go for the iCP based on your requirements then I would say definitely go for it. If you have the required qualifications then have a go at the Wings course assesment.

Hope this helps mate.

AS787
Old 25th Feb 2008, 12:22

Cheers for the info - I've already gone through the wings assesment about a year ago and didnt make it unfortunately. I know my pilapt is good enough, just a question of taking the group exercise I believe for the ICP course. That was another worry though as I realise the AQC was and is closed at the moment.
Old 25th Feb 2008, 12:28

If I remember correctly the AQC opened at the end of Jan and closed again last week! It has a short window for applications. In saying that, the group excercise foe the iCP is not as stringent as the Wings and for obvious reason i quite enjoyed the scenario.

The AQC is also not the be all and end all to getting your first job as we all know but it certainly worth it if you can get on, but i also forgot to mention that there arre RUMOURS that iCP students have been known to be ushered onto the AQC if they are good enough. That as i say though is hearsay...

AS787