Wikiposts
Search
Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Jet2 needs BALPA?

Search this Thread

Old 29th Dec 2006, 18:55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2 needs BALPA?

I don't think that we are getting anywhere with our Crew Council.

I've no complaints about our reps but there are too many unresolved issues. Now it appears that the Company may be trying to delay the next meeting until March. At this rate nothing will ever get done.

Time for a BALPA CC?
Old 29th Dec 2006, 19:42

Seconded.

There has been no change since the crew council was formed.

I think they must have had a meeting, they were all in the LBA Holiday Inn the other month in what seemed to be to me a company sponsored booze up.

If they did have a meeting, I've seen no minutes and had no information on what was discussed.

Seems to me that the LBA base Captain has more significance, at least he is proposing a change to rostering practise that seems to be taken seriously.

But should the LBA Base Capt be proposing changes to rostering practises? No one consulted me and it may turn out to be a change for the worst.
Old 29th Dec 2006, 21:09

I don't find things that bad at my base......However, I think some sort of Union support would be a very good idea, if we want any sort of effective negotiations with management. I can't really see how it can be cost effective in the long term to have high staff turnover, due to better T&C's elsewhere.
Old 29th Dec 2006, 21:21

Couldn't agree more with you all,

No if's or buts BALPA is needed and would get a huge majority for sure.

If Phil M is reading this, Long gone are ur totalitarian autocratic days of treating everyone with the least amount of respect, The take take take approach will now see a union emerge in this company I am sure.

The company is gifted with fantastic staff who are just taken for a ride at every opportunity.

The whole small cargo company, megalomaniac has to change and I can think of nothing better than representation to sort just about every problem out.

It will bring an end to the endless lies, poor conditions and hopefully see a sensible package put together.

We have turned into a company that cheapens everything it touches including its staff.
Old 29th Dec 2006, 21:42

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not at the pub tonight nearly man? spent all your money on the up-keep of the manor-house no doubt
Old 30th Dec 2006, 00:04

I Have Control

Dicktatorship

Me Son? Old-time mill-owner. Same methods. Rememeber 'NL.
Old 30th Dec 2006, 06:52

Grrr

Come on guys its not THAT bad. Every year at this time people moan and whinge about not getting enough flying, then when the summer comes they start moaning about doing too much work. Catch 22.
As for the crew council, give it time! They are a newly formed group of guys and are doing their best. You can not expect things to move along with haste from the off. Give it time to establish before looking for any fantastic results.
Or would you prefer to go back to the way it was!!!!!

Last edited by pol1wx; 30th Dec 2006 at 08:29.
Old 30th Dec 2006, 07:18

maat

Originally Posted by maat
Seconded.

There has been no change since the crew council was formed.

I think they must have had a meeting, they were all in the LBA Holiday Inn the other month in what seemed to be to me a company sponsored booze up.

If they did have a meeting, I've seen no minutes and had no information on what was discussed.

Seems to me that the LBA base Captain has more significance, at least he is proposing a change to rostering practise that seems to be taken seriously.

But should the LBA Base Capt be proposing changes to rostering practises? No one consulted me and it may turn out to be a change for the worst.
Maat, it wasn't the Holiday Inn. It was the LBA Jet2 building. It was the pilot reps only in attendance, not the full CC. If you really believe that the Company would provide free beer you are deluded. No minutes because there was nothing to report to the staff. We simply got together to make sure we are not duplicating our efforts on your behalf, or indeed missing anything out.

This thread does reflect a lot of the feedback we are getting from the workforce however, we have this initiative and it is too soon to disregard it as yet. When we eventually get the whole CC assembled, then we will have a better insight into it's ability to function and deliver as we would like it to.

Until then can I ask you to communicate with your rep or through the Jet2crew site rather than posting in public?
Old 30th Dec 2006, 09:20

I don't work for Jet2, but I wish I did!
I can't believe you're complaining about not getting enough flying!!
I wish I had the same problem.
Just had to work a late finish Christmas Eve followed by early (0545) report Boxing day which meant that Christmas Day was a rest day- not enough hours rest to be a proper day off!
So if you lot at Jet2 aren't getting enough! I'd make the most of it while it lasts!
Old 30th Dec 2006, 09:31
Master Baiter

Good points Silver and Pol. I like it here at Jet2, though it is up north in Stabchester. Then again, I gathered that when I joined the airline of the north
All my mates in other airlines, even the airlines/(travel companies) with broom handles up their arses, moan about their rosters, crewing etc.
I think Jet2 could do a lot better with their rostering but when thats sorted it'll be lovely.
Old 30th Dec 2006, 10:55

Guy's wake up realise the shafting is taking place before the vaseline runs dry.
We have the worst terms and conditions in the industry. No company I know of pays what we do for a fleet including 757's. For duty times inexcess of 12hours the company won't even place a hot meal on the laps of its crew, that applies for staff who are down route in TFS with no means to rovide their own food.
In money terms crews are down financially by being laid out to pasture for 6-7 months at a stretch while management try and piece together sporadic recruitment with 'orders from above'.
People might put up with the bulls@~t if
1.Wanting to live in leeds
2. Being paid a representative amout
3 Decent staff travel
Work it out for yourselves we have absolutely nothing going for us other than some good people on the line.

Pol1wx BTW the council is a good bunch but they were agreed to just as atoken gesture to prevent a union from forming, since they have formed nothing has been affected from negotiations, the increase in sector pay was establish behind closed doors before the first meeting, and the only thing that has happened is a removal of t&c's i.e skippers healthcare without ANY consultation. The council as many of them agree this themselves will be utterly useless in fighting PM and ID
Old 30th Dec 2006, 13:29

I do sometimes wonder when people launch into a diatribe about their working conditions why they don't invest the same amount of energy into making the company a great place to work (accentuating the positives rather than the negatives) then than they do trying to bring it down or into disrepute.

The reality is that we see the world/people/work etc. as we choose to see it - if you believe it to be a hostile place then that is the reality that will play out before you. I say this (and I assume a number of other people who are reading this will also feel the same) because the Jet2 that I fly for does not resemble the company being portrayed in this thread.
Old 30th Dec 2006, 13:49

Well ur standards can't be very high then. I'm guessing ur one of these people new into the job still in wonder and awe. a so called honeymoon period.
U, if ur human will realise that this won't last, most people work to live not the other way round and the conditions at Jetscrew are awful and this isn't a tirade but a statement of fact.
But then again companies will attract people with no ambition content with the ****e, as these people wouldn't get a job as a chock in most other airlines, airlines like jet2!!
Old 30th Dec 2006, 13:53

Here here GatportAirwick

You should either find employment elsewhere where the grass will no doubt be the same negative colour your specs employ, or find a structure to improve the t&c's that nobody seems willing or capable to list.

The above could be said about certain employees in any business, the employee who is always winging about the comfiness of the chairs or the quality of the computer. The dishonest empoyee in my book.

Of course i would like brand new shiny Boeings, my type rating to be paid off and a pair of trousers that fit xmas bloated belly. But the fact is i signed and accepted a contract, which when compared to some of the t&cs i have had before aviation seems pretty acceptable. Maybe this is part of the problem in the first place when it comes to recruiting shiny new pilots with little or no life/work experience.

Anyway Happy Xmas

ps if anyone knows about tenants rights in relation to letting agents i'd be really grateful if they'd drop me a line

pps if GCHQ could decifer ColinMonkfishes ghetto rap txt talk would they contact aswell
Old 30th Dec 2006, 13:56

Colin Monkfish:

Me thinks he doth protest too much.
Old 30th Dec 2006, 14:20

ur absolutely right a ghetto. exactly what jet2 is turning into,
u make me laugh signed a 'perfectly acceptable contract' one with 4 months notice, sounds very reasonable to me.
Dual basing sounds good to,
no healthcare, no loss of licence............. sounds even better
and rock bottom wages.
U stay put though at what is probably the pinnacle of ur career, less interest in the other airlines would suit others looking to leave.

Happy xmas
Old 30th Dec 2006, 14:27

Fair doo's Orient Spy i am based in Newcastle and yes i have been here for 1 year and your right, it is my first airline job.

My previous job was as an instructor, you know..working 7 days a week in dodgy aircraft and in all weathers to earn £7000 per annum.

I have used staff travel only once with no problems and have recently received two free tickets for work done in the company! Only 2!!!! the swines

With reference to "Phil", if you think that being headstrong or even a bully are unique to him as a MD and owner i sudgest you have never run your own business.

Anyway back to the real world, what t&c's would you most like to see returned or introduced?
Old 30th Dec 2006, 16:07

Grrr

If you dislike the company sooo much then do you and us favour and P' Off!!! Go work for another airline.......across the fence. Why moan and whinge so much??? Just leave! Simple as that. Your ideal company is just around the corner........maybe!

Hey all this bitterness will just give you an ulcer guys. And if its true that the company is just not worth it then you need to ask yourself, why are you still here. According to you its better working at McDonald's.

And before you say it, if you are looking to leave, then just go quietly will ya. Cus I for one am fed up of your moaning.

Yours,
A happy Jet2 Pilot!

p.s No this is not my first airline either.
Old 30th Dec 2006, 16:19

Originally Posted by tonker
The above could be said about certain employees in any business, the employee who is always winging about the comfiness of the chairs or the quality of the computer. The dishonest empoyee in my book.
Very good description of Colin bottom dwelling Monkfish.
Old 30th Dec 2006, 20:48

Having posted on this thread and to distance myself from some of the comments re Jet2:

I may be of the opinion the company council are ineffective and that nothing will change until BALPA recognition is achieved; but I'm not that bothered if nothing changes anyway - Jet2 is no different to my last airline, same problems but different aircraft and airline. It's OK, and the advantage of having such a hands on Chief Exec (P Meeson) is that he wont let people build empires, or wont let anyone of any importance build empires at least.

But talking of empires orient spy, I am surprised to hear one of the 'golf club' complaining on these pages.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.