Wikiposts
Search
Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.

AEROFAN Flight Training (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 17th Feb 2005, 11:48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, i saw an ad for Aerofan in Pilot last month, and their procves seem pretty good. I emailed them for more inform ,and they say they are full of UK students up until August i think.]

Now, at the same time, I was browsing the CAA doc on approved FTOs and I didnt see Aerofan on them at all.

Does this mean that this FTO is not recognised by the CAA. If so, what are the implications on my training? I want JAA licenses, but im not sure if they could be issed with Aerofan,

But I hope they are! As they seem really reasonable. perhaps the doc was a little out of date??

ANy help/account of your experiences would be great. Ive searched the forums. and I have heard people have trained here. SO im assuming its just an out of date document. Or my understanding of the situation is blurrud.

Does the CAA have to approve the school in order for me to get the JAA licenses, and hace ALL of my training approved?
Old 17th Feb 2005, 12:25

Spain is a JAA member state - the CAA aren't the only authority that can issue JAA licences.

See www.jaa.nl
Old 21st Feb 2005, 22:12

Beware

Beware is all ill say (before someone throws a wobbly !). Make sure you check all that stuff out properly ! Also think of the language barrier and your ability as a pilot at the end of it all.

Happy flying
Old 8th Mar 2005, 09:13

I have the same problem - I'm looking to do a JAR FI rating but probably won't have the time or money until October. Aerofan looks great but what happens when you try to get the rating issued, and then try to get an instructor job in the UK?

But I can't find another European FTO that'll match it's prices!

Al
Old 8th Mar 2005, 21:08

yeah, they are cheap, plus just a few hours away, no visa. no expensive airfare, nor jetlag. I hope they are goo, ive not heard many experiences of them thought, but I was told by AEROFAN that all UK places are ful up til Summer, so theres definately a few Brits there!
Old 9th Mar 2005, 07:10

blueb0y79 please check your PM.

AF
Old 9th Mar 2005, 11:16

Aerofan IR Course

I would be very interested in any feedback about this FTO either good or bad, does seem to appear very good .... or would that be 'too good to be true'

Would be interested in any info ex or current UK students have regarding training with Aerofan

Cheers in advance
Old 9th Mar 2005, 11:54

I second that !Any feed back is vital for someone considering this as a training provider.I did put up a post to talk directly about aerofan`s standards, so to speak.Surely someone on here has trained there?
Old 9th Mar 2005, 12:22

Been There For Visit !!

Hi All,

Been down to Madrid and visited Aerofan !

Experience..

Located in Cuatro Vientos suburb of Madrid a busy Airport with Military and GA flying.

Aerofan had 2 sims about to be commissioned when I was there an ex Japan Airlines Beechcraft Fixed Sim and an ex Gatwick Sim they were waiting on Phase 3 power to operate them.

The Aircraft is all maintained by inhouse staff, Cessna 152, 172 Bonanza and a twin Cessna.

Aerofan are located beside the Royal Aeroclub and have the use of their facilities.

Its a homely place all the staff are nice and helpful . This is an up and coming FTO its early days and they are trying to improve all the time.

Their pricing is indeed very competitive.

Regards,

Cliste
Old 11th Mar 2005, 18:12

How far is aerofan away from the main airport which i would arrive at with i.e ezy?And is there accomodation close to the training centre?
Old 11th Mar 2005, 20:52

Aerofan

Hi,

The public transport system in Madrid is excellent, you can take Metro it will get you close by.

Taxi from Madrid Airport cost circa €20 you can get a 10 journey public transport ticket for €5.40.

Accommodation around Aerofan is plentyful living in Spain is not expensive.

Aerofan have an arrangement with the Royal Madrid Aeroclub you can stay there if you wish and you have the free use of their facilities Pool etc.

If you need any further information pm

Cliste
Old 12th Mar 2005, 09:23

aerodynamics

Aerodynamics are a far better school based in Malaga full ILS VOR NDB you don´t have to fly 50 nm away to start IR training they do a combined CPL/ME/IR with BCT kemble I also know 8 people who have recommended them, good English instructors trained at the former Bae systems in Jerez, check it out, theres a turbo type and 50 line training course available. Plus you can jump on the sea.
Old 10th May 2005, 22:21

Huge price difference between aerofan and aerodynamics.
Why is THAT?????????:
Old 11th May 2005, 09:28

I'm considering doing an IR there. Any help as to the quality etc. would be very valuable.
Old 12th May 2005, 11:02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm looking at doing an FI with these chaps in July this year and would appreciate any feedback before I book.

They have stated to me that they have trained many FI's from the UK recently so hopefully someone on here should have trained with them.

Regards

UA
Old 13th May 2005, 09:16

price difference

I had a good look at this price difference too and worked it out that at aerofan you have to fly out to 50 nm to start training due to madrid controlled airspace at aerodynamics its full ILS NDB VOR on take off and landings, price difference is that aerodynamics advertise an ME IR. including ME rating which puts the addtional 1500 quid on it. Aerodynamics are well respected in Spain, France and Germany and have several Euorpeans who fly for them.
Old 13th May 2005, 20:27

hey

im training out of cuatro vientos and true it is a zulu airport (start vfr and at 4000ft above aerodrome u enter madrid airspace and change to ifr) we do our training in valencia for me ir, just wanted to get that sorted, not in aerofan either but they are flying here a lot and very busy fto,
regards P
Old 14th May 2005, 08:41

Just back to ortiginal point the UK CAA must issue a rating from another JAA state.
Old 15th May 2005, 18:08

Has been done already, i know for a fact that at least 2 fellows from the UK did his FIC in Aerofan, no problems whatsoever, check it with the the UK CAA.

I did my FIC there and they where good and cheap, believe i did my integrated in Airmed and there is no possible comparation, besides you do 10 hours on C150 Aerobat and the rest in Beech Bonanza,
accomodation and food is cheap and good, weather is OK.

They arranged for me a room within the AD for 10 Euros per day, (of course there was no TV or Room service, just the bed a table chair, wardrobe, and separate personal Toilet and shower).
You can eat in the Restaurant within the ADfor about 8 euros a 3 course meal , very nice food, this is the restaurant of the Royal Aeroclub.

Only thing , try not to do it during july and august or you'll know what is sweating 10 Paints per hour.

Language is not an issue, since all FI's speak fluent english , so you'll do the ground instruction in english.

In recent months i've heard that they have a british FI.

Old 22nd May 2005, 12:05

HI, Has anyone completed any training with AEROFAN , down at Cuatro Vientois airport in Madrid. Looking to complete my jet F/O with them and would apreciate any feedback anyone can give me who had any experience with them whatsoever. thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.