Wikiposts
Search
Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Airbus A320 Jobs?

Search this Thread

Old 19th Jan 2006, 20:40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbus A320 Jobs?

Hello

Im a newly typerated on the A320 and done my basecheck on Finnairs A319. I finished that in december and Ive emailed many companies both in asia and europe, but many of them dont even reply.. And thoose who does its like "after reviewing you application we dont have any thing that suites your experience".

I have 580 hrs TT, 48 hrs ME, 1.1 hrs A319 (76 hrs in Level D simulator).

Is it really that hard to get a job, or should you mail (snailmail) the applications, I really need advice if someones got it. Would appriciate it.

Old 19th Jan 2006, 20:54

Do you mind me asking where you did your type rating?

All that I've heard is that A320 family stuff for low hour spilots is taking place in China. I know that both Eagle Jet and a bunch of other 'you pay, we place' companies are sending people out there but I heard there was a 12 month delay from applicaiton to starting line flying.
Old 19th Jan 2006, 21:26

Hi

I took it via Twinair SA, Switzerland, they used the Flight Simulator in Finland (Finnair Flight Training center).
Old 20th Jan 2006, 07:33

Try VUELING !!
they need pilots
Old 20th Jan 2006, 09:24

Do you speak fluent German? Then try Air Berlin. They are recruiting at the moment. I am sorry to tell that if you don't speak German, this is a no-go!
Old 20th Jan 2006, 09:48

what kind of candidates are welcome at air berlin

It is necessary to have the A320 typrating to be able applying at air berlin or do they also give you training on type.

Does anyone has some more information.

Thanks
Old 20th Jan 2006, 10:10

Check their Requirements
here. For all non German speakers i post it here:
  • Minimum age 21 years
  • Fluent German and English in words and writing is a must!!!
  • Valid E-mail address
  • Valid medical certificate
  • JAR license or German ATPL incl. Long Range (theory)
  • Type Rating Boeing 737 or Airbus A320 with minimum 500 flight hours on the suitable airplane
Chances to get an invitation are very very low if you don't fullfill the requirements! If you should pass all tests and the personal interview then they pay for a type rating on either Boing or Airbus...
Old 20th Jan 2006, 10:41

Stefanaero,
With 46 hrs of multi and only the type I think you are going to battle. Unfortunately most carriers want some experience on type, or some previous experience. You have to keep knocking on the doors, or kiss alot of frogs before you meet a princess. Just dont stop flying in the mean time, because they also look at hours in the previous six months etc.
Old 20th Jan 2006, 13:09

I am starting my A320 typerating in about a month. My experience is tot fligh time of 1630h with 1300h on ME Turboprop.

What and where are my chances to get a job once I am finnished?
Old 20th Jan 2006, 13:50
ACP

Sorry to be honest but even if you are type rated, airlines want at least 300 hours on type. I have also been looking for a year after I got my A320 rating so I decided to pay my line training in order to get this experience. If you are lucky, you may be able to deal directly with an airline otherwise you should put your name right now on the list of Eaglejet as you will wait for almost a year and believe me there is a lot of guys presently doing the line up!
A friend of mine has just completed his type rating and he has more than 4000 hrs with 3000 turbo. He is presently in Asia and went to talk to Tiger, Valuair etc., they need qualified pilots but with hours on type! Once you have an ATPL the total time is not the problem, it's the quality of the hours that you have.
The fact is that even if you pay your line training you will have to wait because airlines are so short of training captains.
Good luck!
Old 20th Jan 2006, 14:00

stefanaero,

where are the 120h on the A320, that twinair promess?(i have checked their website)
for 30'000 euro you have spent, why they didnt give you a job with a swiss company?.

all this is a joke, and training providers are making fun of you.
Having a type rating dont give you more chance than a guy with no t/rating.

if you want now a chance, you have to spend another 30'000 euro for 300 hours jet, and of course, with no guaranty.

at least, you wont be too expensive if employed, people having to many hours (over 300h jet)dont have more chance than pilots with no hours.
Old 20th Jan 2006, 15:32

Hotelmodemetar Are you sure Vueling needs pilots !!!!! Ha Ha
Old 20th Jan 2006, 17:00

they don't need pilots, but CAE needs your money....
360€ for the Selection in Madrid...
Old 21st Jan 2006, 14:36

Aerowinx

Well put, but, in a sense, yes they need pilots, but only pilots willing to dig deep into there pockets again and again. If we all stop digging then it can only put pressure onto companies to meet pilots half way in supplying training.

But this doesnt help stefanaero, all I can say is keep trying and look towards the far east and china and call all the recruitment agencies too. I am aware they need pilots with hours on type but keep going.

Good luck

Unimuts
Old 22nd Jan 2006, 16:30

I'd like to know what kind of experience you people have who are commenting? Just by looking through Flightinternationals joblines and talking to captains at MyTravel and FlyMe I've formed an opinion that it's not that hard to get at least the linetraining at lowcost carriers if you have a type-rating. Take India for example, they are clearly in an extreme need for pilots right now since they've increased retirement age up to 65 years for a captain... or am I totaly wrong?

I know of a lot of pilots who has gotten a job at for example Ryanair in Sweden right after finishing their type-rating...

/Tim
Old 22nd Jan 2006, 20:34

Yes, but they have finished their 737 training at SASFA or CAE and with approved interview at Ryanair HR before they attended their course. It's not enough to come and have a 737 rating with no hrs on type. I think you need at least 100 737 hrs to be approved by Ryan unless you have made your training at SASFA or CAE. Correct me if I'm wrong?

..and what I have heard concering India, is that if you do not have a valid Indian passport, you are not in interest for them. But that's just rumour..

/BN
Old 23rd Jan 2006, 05:14

Ciao Stefanaero, how is the cost at Finnar flight center, are they competitive??.........does the type rating include the base training??
Every infos are appreciate!!
Old 23rd Jan 2006, 08:00

Originally Posted by BNflyer
Yes, but they have finished their 737 training at SASFA or CAE and with approved interview at Ryanair HR before they attended their course. It's not enough to come and have a 737 rating with no hrs on type. I think you need at least 100 737 hrs to be approved by Ryan unless you have made your training at SASFA or CAE. Correct me if I'm wrong?
..and what I have heard concering India, is that if you do not have a valid Indian passport, you are not in interest for them. But that's just rumour..
/BN
There are a number of pilots who don't go via SASFA or SAA as it is known now. There a number of other schools in Sweden that don't offer any type of interview with Ryanair and still they employ pilots from those schoos as well... 2 of my former instructors and 1 student is now employed by Ryanair...
Old 23rd Jan 2006, 11:54

I think you misunderstand me. First, SASFA and SAA is not the same thing. SASFA is an abbreviation for SAS Flight Academy and they are responsible for the B737 Type Rating. SAA which is Scandinavian Aviation Academy is a different school that is responsible for the recruitment process of applicants that will be sent to the Interview and simulator assessment at East Midland, Dublin or Stansted airport.

You can read about everything here.
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about...ers&ref=NJAR25
…and note that they are talking about “Approved Training Schools” everywhere in the text. That means that you can't do a 737 rating on your own and then apply to Ryan unless you have the 100 hrs 737 that I talked about before.

...off course you don’t have to be a former student at BF Scandinavian Aviation Academy to be qualified for an interview at Ryan air. What I'm trying to say is that you apply to this school to get an interview opportunity.
look at. http://www.pilotpool.aero/ and
http://bfsaa.se.loopiadns.com/utbild...hp?uid=1&aid=0

Good luck with your job hunting.

/BN
Old 23rd Jan 2006, 14:15

Originally Posted by BNflyer
That means that you can't do a 737 rating on your own and then apply to Ryan unless you have the 100 hrs 737 that I talked about before.
Thanx for the links, good reading. But however one of the instructors took a type-rating at sterling last year and from what I know of he didn't have the 100 hours needed. So exceptions must have been made. But he did have a lot of jet time logged in the US before this type-rating so that might have been a deciding factor... I don't know...

Well, thank you for your quick answers, I've relly found this forum to have a lot of helpful people that shed light on things that aren't always too bright =)

Thanx
/Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.