Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Ground & Other Ops Forums > Questions
Reload this Page >

Do 737-800s Fall Over?

Wikiposts
Search
Questions If you are a professional pilot or your work involves professional aviation please use this forum for questions. Enthusiasts, please use the 'Spectators Balcony' forum.

Do 737-800s Fall Over?

Search this Thread

Old 14th Apr 2002, 11:03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No... It doesn't - After 22 years down the back I'm eminently qualified to make the argument. Of course I can take a joke, I'd never have made it this far otherwise.

The point made was coherent and apposite - the last two posts are not.

My user name is appropriate for an internet forum (supposedly) involving air crew: I will amend my profile details to allow for those who believe everything they read.

I may choose to take a dislike to other professions (consultants, for example), but I refrain from abusing them for in public, and expect the same courtesy in return.

Now... Anyone care to add to this thread regarding the original post?
Old 14th Apr 2002, 11:13

Those blocked off seats must be the £19 fare seats that I read about but can never buy ! now I know why, cos they're always blocked off !
Old 15th Apr 2002, 17:23

Answering the original question the 737-800 that I flew for two years in 189 Y config had no trim problems and certainly didn,t require any special seat row consideration other than a reasonable spead throughout.A very flexible,versatile commmercial aeroplane if not a firm pilots favourite.I position regularly with BA on earlier series 737 and note they sometimes block the front rows for "trim reasons"???.I,ve had the pleasure I believe of working with "Tight slot" as my cabin manager on both the 738 and other aircraft, a most excellent person and erudite P.A. orator, well qualified to speak on the subject.
Old 16th Apr 2002, 17:02

If less than 177 pax then the first two frows are blocked.
If less than 130 pax the the first 6 and last 4 are blocked.
keps the a/c in trim
Old 17th Apr 2002, 06:58

Do 738 Fall Over

Some one mentionned blocking entire rows if less that full

2 comments hereQ

Why not use the trim of the aircraft to maintain the balance

And second is what happend when you have C class pax and you have to leave the central seat empty. How do you balance out do you leave another row empty?
Old 17th Apr 2002, 18:45

I think Iaingrant has given us the answer some operators are obviously using a standard loading scheme for ease and speed of trim calculation.My outfit never did that then again we had the luxury of one hour turn rounds when we operated them unlike the low cost guys.