Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emirates DEC interview........

Wikiposts
Search
Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Emirates DEC interview........

Search this Thread

Old 18th Aug 2005, 12:55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry MODERATOR

CAN we please have this idiot BOREINGDREAMER banned.He is a time waster and wind up merchant!!

PS BOERING DREAMER you have been tried and tested AND HAVE BEEN FOUND WANTING. Now scurry away little man and find some minnows to fry and leave the real game to the those who have received the thumbs up from EK recruitment. yes off you go
Old 18th Aug 2005, 13:35

Boeingdreamer787

If you really are so well connected with the 40 guys who got through first attempt, why not ask them? Surely your 'friends' should have all the answers you want. It's blatantly obvious from your post and your rude replies that your soul intention is to wind people up with this topic, especially F/O's.
If you are genuine, which I sincerely doubt you are, your time would be better spent revising interview techniques and how to perform in group exercises, especially the difficult ones where you feel that only your idea is right and all around disagree. Sound familiar?
With your current attitude, you may be revising for some time!

BYMONEK
Old 18th Aug 2005, 14:23

Quote -

"..frustrated superseeded F/O in a cool company....."

Sounds like an F/O with a great sperm count alongside a sexy chick who won't give him any............
Old 18th Aug 2005, 22:39

Cool

Wet Dreamer,

Your facts are incorrect,there are one or two who slipped through the net no more.I can assure you.

The fact that EK are recalling rejects and losers like you as potential DECs is a sad reflection on the current recruitment mess we are in due to the misdirected DEC programme.

Dream on and try learning to spell and use correct grammar before you attend your next interview wherever that may be in your dream world.

QB

Old 20th Aug 2005, 02:31

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Oh goody fresh meat.

Dreamer there would seem to be quite a few differences between White Knight and yourself. I guess the most obvious is that Whitey actually passed the selection process. This he did first time round, without having to go online and insult anyone. You see, he is one of the many here that would be able to be a DEC if not already employed here. And no, there is nooo way explaining that is right. The good news is that if you somehow bribe your way in, you will always be beneath him in the seniors list.

I do however, feel quite bad for you, thinking that you must work for some pretty worthless outfit to think moving here is a move up from a LHS somewhere else. And to think you even considered being an FO here an improvement!!!! You poor bugga.
I would nosey around those 40 friends you have here aleady. Are you sure none of them had a chat to the recruiters here to make sure you could not follow. Some kids just play mean!!!!!

Now why don't you run off and see if you can play with that Dicksy fella, you both have sooo much in common its spookey!!!

Don

Gee GN, you are trying to take all my fun away.

Don
Old 20th Aug 2005, 07:14

Gee Dona ,

your last post is most uncharacteristic.......very nasty and egotistical, not like you, a bit girlish really.

Still its getting towards that time of the month.... all those night flights start to take their toll and the stress of what lies ahead on your pending roster.

I do however, feel quite bad for you, thinking that you must work for some pretty worthless outfit to think moving here is a move up from a LHS somewhere else. And to think you even considered being an FO here an improvement!!!!
I really can't believe you wrote that. What a smack in the face and kick in the guts for all the First Officers and Captains here at Emirates who have done just that.

To all the thousands of terrific pilots who have missed out on selection by BA, LH, SAS, QF, UA, AF, EK etc etc but still manage to keep the blue side up and work at some damn fine alternatives.... well done

Having a bad day or missing out on one particular airline does not define the pilot nor the person.

PS: having a couple of hours in the LHS of a 146 does not neccessarily make one qualified for DEC positions nor to "shaft" all your peers with a scabby accelerated upgrade .

L.L.& P.

Last edited by Bird On; 20th Aug 2005 at 07:35.
Old 20th Aug 2005, 10:26

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Sorry Birdie, but disagree. This Dreamer fella is a bit of a tosser.

Dona
Old 20th Aug 2005, 11:17

Talking

C'mon Don ,

let's be honest now....summer in Dubai....families away for months.....summer bachelor syndrome....everyones a bit of a tosser.

Karma.

Go Around - Flaps.
Old 20th Aug 2005, 18:35

Thumbs up Thx Birdie.....Made it!!

Thanks Birdie for the Bail.Was getting kinda lonely in here.BTW,got that interview date I was lookin for....( DEC ).Coming month.Thx all.Cya in DXB. ........ And then in EK....!!! Cheers.
Old 20th Aug 2005, 19:08

Bird On is right. In a lot of cases getting a job is a hit and miss affair and a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack. I have seen some excellent people get rejected whilst some right plonkers get accepted and I am sure we all have come acoss that.

Whlist on that subject Don I doubt if Whitey has the requisite hours for a DEC at EK especially as only on a BAe146 so he is stuck at EK whether he likes it or not.

Looking at Emirates website it says "F/O's who are adaptable,self motivated and who can offer high experience levels may if suitable look forward to career growth opportunities.!! What does that say about Whitey I have to ask??
Old 21st Aug 2005, 18:28

MC - you're a sad man, you know that stalking is a crime in most countries But if you want to keep following my career feel free - there's still another 35 years before I'm past it

In fact, you're so keen to slag me off I'd like you to come and fly with me. Please PM me to set up a trip. Balls in your court.....