PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 25th Aug 2006, 02:44

Yantz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SFC?

Hi I am pretty new here, and under "Pilot wannabe" classification. To all you guys out there who have been through so much to fufill and chase your dreams, you have my total respect. I am currently searching for a suitable way to become an airline pilot and after reading through this thread, I have been very enlightened. Thanks for all the info and feedback. FYI I am only a 20 year old awaiting NS.

I have actually stumbled upon the SFC (Singapore flying college) website and they have stated that they accept private students. I just called them and a lady told me I could enrol for the course which is 1.5 years long, around $130K SGD including accomodation, and after which you would attain frozen ATPL, IR recognised by CAAS. She says I would actually be training with the SIA boys if I were to enrol. She told me that upon completion of the course I would need to find a sponsor to attain type ratings, most probably an airline.

Anyway, what do you guys think? I think it's cheaper than going to Massey, plus it's shorter. Yeah I am the lucky ones where Dad wants to help.

Last edited by Yantz; 25th Aug 2006 at 03:02.