Flying Instructors & Examiners A place for instructors to communicate with one another because some of them get a bit tired of the attitude that instructing is the lowest form of aviation, as seems to prevail on some of the other forums!


Old 9th Nov 2021, 16:25
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Norway
Age: 26
Posts: 48

Anyone know the process and cost for a EASA ATPL holder with a FI to a FAA flight instructor ?
I have about 2000 hours , EASA ATPL with about 250 hours dual given .
adamlouis is offline  
Old 9th Nov 2021, 16:44
  #2 (permalink)  
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 3,141
It's all in 61.183

Basically you need an FAA Commercial and IR (assuming it's for airplane) or ATP, training and necessary logbook endorsements then two written tests, training as required to take the practical test plus spin endorsement.
rudestuff is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.