Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Flying Instructors & Examiners
Reload this Page >

Question for Austrian licence holders

Flying Instructors & Examiners A place for instructors to communicate with one another because some of them get a bit tired of the attitude that instructing is the lowest form of aviation, as seems to prevail on some of the other forums!

Question for Austrian licence holders

Old 10th Nov 2009, 19:18
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: bored
Posts: 532
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for Austrian licence holders


I currently hold a French JAR driving licence with CPL, MEP, IR/ME SP + IR/SE, FIA and C525 TR SP. I have well over the fifty hours MEP normally required to do a French FI multi engine course, and also well over the 200 hours IR required in France to do a French IRI course, and also well over the 200 hours on C525 normally required to do a French TRI course - though I have not done these additional courses that are required by the French authority to hold CRI, IRI and TRI qualifictions. I also hold a CRI certificate on DA42, isued by Diamond factory examiner, but this is not recognised as CRI qualification by French DGAC as I only hold a single-engine instructor rating.

I now have to convert my French licence to an Austrian licence, as a requirement for a new employer.

I have *heard* from an experienced Austrian instructor that under the Austrian interpretation of FCLs, I can immediately add to my FIA the following:
1. FI ME - as I have over fifty hours on ME
2. FI IRI - as I have over 200 hours IR
3. CRI on DA42, by virtue of my factory certificate and 1.
4. TRI C525, as I have over 200 hours on C525.

According to my contact, Austria interprets the FCL requirements that an FI rating is the highest instructional rating, and the various other ratings (CRI, TRI etc) are only needed by specialised instructors who do not hold a full FI rating.

Can any other Austrian instructors confirm all of this, or better still point me to something in writing from AustroControl? Or a contact in AustroControl to whom I can write?

Last edited by CirrusF; 11th Nov 2009 at 04:19.
CirrusF is offline  
Old 11th Nov 2009, 11:37
  #2 (permalink)  
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: On the move
Posts: 940
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why not go straight to the Austrian CAA and put your case to them and get the official requirements.
ab33t is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.