Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Canada
Reload this Page >


Canada The great white north. A BIG country with few people and LOTS of aviation.


Old 3rd May 2021, 02:09
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2021
Location: London
Posts: 1

Hi everyone I am UKCAA CPL/MEIR could anyone telle the process to convert my license to TCAA.
many thanks
Navshan is offline  
Old 3rd May 2021, 11:18
  #2 (permalink)  
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: London
Posts: 582
The requirements are well described by Transport Canada at https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/lic...foreign-pilots

Transport takes months upon months to issue medical certificates. The exam can be done at a few dozen locations throughout Europe. Canadian flight tests require a valid medical certificate. A database of Canadian Aviation Medical Examiners is at https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur....aspx?lang=eng

Study and reference guides are published by Transport at https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/publications#training and flight test guides are at https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/lic...ht-test-guides

You'll need to apply separately to Industry Canada for an RT licence—the Resticted Operator Certificate with Aeronautical Qualification (ROC-A)—after writing a short multichoice paper at a flight training unit in Canada. A database of radio examiners is at https://apc-cap.ic.gc.ca/pls/apc_anon/query_ex_roca$.startup Industry Canada provides a study guide called RIC-21 at https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gs...g/sf01397.html

A database of flight training units can be found by following the link to flight training at https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/civ...s-applications

The CPL solo flight experience requirements are slightly more onerous, eg these include a "cross-country flight to a point of a minimum of 300 nautical mile radius from the point of departure". Experience requirements can be found in Standard 421 of the Personnel Licensing and Training Standards at https://tc.canada.ca/en/corporate-se...ons-sor-96-433

Outstanding flight experience can be gained within Canada using a Foreign Licence Validation Certificate, which is quite easily obtained. Details at https://tc.canada.ca/en/foreign-lice...n-certificates

selfin is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.