Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Qantas International 2023 recruitment

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Qantas International 2023 recruitment

Old 23rd Mar 2023, 21:38
  #61 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oxfordgal
Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone who has transferred from the Sydney to Melbourne pool have received the golden call? I saw that an ad was put up for Melbourne crew a week ago... Hopefully this means we will hear back in the next few weeks. The waiting game is killing me... Wondering if there are others who attended the Sydney AD on 29th Nov still waiting too?
Hi, hope you are doing well. I applied for cc international based in sydney and had an assessment on Feb.

just wondering I am living in melbourne and would like to transfer base to melbourne too and I thought we only could ask transfer after GS? Can you please tell me your story how you asked for transferring and their answers? Thank you
dailyminyo is offline  
Old 24th Mar 2023, 00:21
  #62 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: aus
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oxfordgal
Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone who has transferred from the Sydney to Melbourne pool have received the golden call? I saw that an ad was put up for Melbourne crew a week ago... Hopefully this means we will hear back in the next few weeks. The waiting game is killing me... Wondering if there are others who attended the Sydney AD on 29th Nov still waiting too?
I was at the Syd AD on the 29th Nov too, selected to stay Syd base, still haven't heard anything
br787 is offline  
Old 24th Mar 2023, 02:29
  #63 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theskyismyhome
Good news is coming soon I believe

Hi,

Are you saying this based on faaa post on Facebook?
They've just readvertised QD for Melbourne and Brisbane, seems to me they're desperately short and is not willing to let crew crossing over yet or it could be they're trying to fill positions in domestic so they could move people on hold forward.

Either ways we shall see.... 👁️👁️
1plus1is11 is offline  
Old 24th Mar 2023, 08:27
  #64 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theskyismyhome
Good news is coming soon I believe

please enlighten us! What kind of good news 😉
Koko90 is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2023, 01:45
  #65 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Under consideration

Did anyone else receive an email yesterday afternoon

ďat this stage, your application is is still under consideration, and weíll provide another update for you shortlyĒ

what does this mean? Good or bad?
Koko90 is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2023, 03:04
  #66 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Koko90
Did anyone else receive an email yesterday afternoon

ďat this stage, your application is is still under consideration, and weíll provide another update for you shortlyĒ

what does this mean? Good or bad?
Hi,

My hand is up for that one ✋
It's a tugging and pulling game, when you thought things are slowly moving forward they throw in an inconspicuous email to keep everyone up at night.


My pure guess is they still haven't got enough people in domestic that's why they're hesitant to release crew. They've also re advertised internally for Melbourne and Brisbane domestic.

Hold on tight, it's only been 14 months.
People are slowly turning to dust at this rate.



1plus1is11 is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2023, 04:16
  #67 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Australia
Posts: 31
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1plus1is11
Hi,


My hand is up for that one ✋

It's a tugging and pulling game, when you thought things are slowly moving forward they throw in an inconspicuous email to keep everyone up at night.




My pure guess is they still haven't got enough people in domestic that's why they're hesitant to release crew. They've also re advertised internally for Melbourne and Brisbane domestic.


Hold on tight, it's only been 14 months.

People are slowly turning to dust at this rate.


I feel for you all! Maybe they'd be able to recruit more people externally into domestic if they stopped offering horrible causal contracts...I'd consider leaving my current airline for QF domestic if it was directly employed full time. Been a casual once and never ever again.
Flighty12345 is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2023, 02:57
  #68 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flighty12345
I feel for you all! Maybe they'd be able to recruit more people externally into domestic if they stopped offering horrible causal contracts...I'd consider leaving my current airline for QF domestic if it was directly employed full time. Been a casual once and never ever again.

Hi,

​​​​​​Such mess at the moment, the causals who've been working under a year are being put on hold for full time positions while the people who took the redundancy are invited back for full time roles.

​​​​​​Traditionally the west coast hire direct full time into domestic, now there's nothing but casuals. The east coast is offering full time domestic but it's only applicable to internals only.

Meanwhile they're hiring 24/7 for casuals.
After working for several months they realised how horrid it is, some stick it out for full time while others run for their lives....

​​​​​​

1plus1is11 is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2023, 23:51
  #69 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Sydney
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Golden Call - private number?

Is the Ďgolden callí from a private number?

Sending good vibes to all those waiting to hear back.
Chicken or Fish or V is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2023, 06:26
  #70 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any updates from anyone on anything? Things seem to be quiet and slowing down
Koko90 is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2023, 09:23
  #71 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chat assessment

Hi Guys!
This is my second time applying for Qantas International Cabin Crew - I was successful and invited to GS the first time around however I had relocated at the time to Canada and was unable to make it work. This time around I was invited to do an online chat questionnaire the following day after applying however I havenít heard back. I donít remember this step last time, just the video interview then AD. Has anyone else had this chat step and been successful and moved onto the next stage? Iíve yet to hear anything & im hoping it all went well.
Kelkel is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2023, 09:26
  #72 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Sydney
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone had any luck calling them to get any more information? Does anyone know of a number that we can call for more information or any updates?
Flossyb is online now  
Old 27th Mar 2023, 11:53
  #73 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melb
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Golden call

Well, I never thought Iíd finally get to make this post, but I got my golden call today. Pretty excited.

For all those still waiting. Donít give up. Things do move when you least expect it.
Skiesthedream is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2023, 11:58
  #74 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skiesthedream
Well, I never thought Iíd finally get to make this post, but I got my golden call today. Pretty excited.

For all those still waiting. Donít give up. Things do move when you least expect it.
Congratulations, well done. Are you internal? If so are you TJD, altara? When do you start?
Koko90 is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2023, 13:31
  #75 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Sydney
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations! How long have you been waiting and when is your GS start date?
Sus04 is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2023, 21:25
  #76 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Australia
Posts: 31
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kelkel
Hi Guys!
This is my second time applying for Qantas International Cabin Crew - I was successful and invited to GS the first time around however I had relocated at the time to Canada and was unable to make it work. This time around I was invited to do an online chat questionnaire the following day after applying however I havenít heard back. I donít remember this step last time, just the video interview then AD. Has anyone else had this chat step and been successful and moved onto the next stage? Iíve yet to hear anything & im hoping it all went well.

which base have you applied for? MEL or SYD?
Flighty12345 is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2023, 00:43
  #77 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melb
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Koko90
Congratulations, well done. Are you internal? If so are you TJD, altara? When do you start?
thanks,
yes Iím internal TJD and start 23 May
Skiesthedream is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2023, 00:44
  #78 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melb
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sus04
Congratulations! How long have you been waiting and when is your GS start date?
Thank you! Iíve been waiting since Jan2019 if you count that(thanks covid)
start 23 May
Skiesthedream is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2023, 05:15
  #79 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Melbourne

Originally Posted by Flighty12345
which base have you applied for? MEL or SYD?
Kelkel is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2023, 23:30
  #80 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skiesthedream
Thank you! Iíve been waiting since Jan2019 if you count that(thanks covid)
start 23 May
hello ďskies the dreamĒ congratulations, excited for you, especially after such a long wait. Seems like they are making there way through the active hold list. Have you heard any other news about JQ Melbourne base in regards to conversion? if you donít mind me asking, did you receive any emails or updates before you got the call?
Koko90 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.