Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

MAM QF Casuals

Old 19th Sep 2018, 08:31
  #301 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by miffy777 View Post


Makes me wonder if you are correct. As the process you described above doesnít follow the process QF/MAM follow when it comes to reference checking.
im 100% correct, there was a whole group of us who got the email the next day stating that they wanted our references for xref and Qantas directly called me informing me that references were done and iĎm now up to my ASIC

Last edited by dreamjob_99; 19th Sep 2018 at 08:39. Reason: Adding more info
dreamjob_99 is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2018, 11:45
  #302 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Perth Western Australia
Posts: 12
Perth Assesment Day

Hi all!
I attended the Perth assesment day waiting eagerly checking my mail.
I have a few questions though!
In regards to ASIC and proof of residency for the past ten years, how am I supposed to obtain this information, especially if I lived in New Zealand eight years ago.
B.Alexander is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2018, 16:33
  #303 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In the back of a bus
Posts: 923
B, it may be that a document showing your address from that time will be enough. Did you have a driver's license there? Or medicare card? Might be possible to get record if that. But if in doubt I'd email the talent acquisition team and ask if they have preferred documentation that you need for that. It might be as simple as getting a police check done from NZ authorities
givemewings is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2018, 22:08
  #304 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by B.Alexander View Post
Hi all!
I attended the Perth assesment day waiting eagerly checking my mail.
I have a few questions though!
In regards to ASIC and proof of residency for the past ten years, how am I supposed to obtain this information, especially if I lived in New Zealand eight years ago.
They send a document through with the check email which explains everything and exactly what you need.
TomFen87 is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2018, 04:27
  #305 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Perth Western Australia
Posts: 12
Physical and medical

Is anyone able to let me know what I need for the physical and medical?
B.Alexander is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2018, 12:12
  #306 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Perth Western Australia
Posts: 12
Information

hello everyone!
I had my assessment day yesterday got an email this morning about Xref my references completed them, can anyone explain to me the steps of the process? Like how long it will take for them to get back to me about my references, when I have to start doing my medical, physical, ASIC, does this mean I was successful?? Iím all a little confused...
thank you!!
B.Alexander is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 02:16
  #307 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by B.Alexander View Post
hello everyone!
I had my assessment day yesterday got an email this morning about Xref my references completed them, can anyone explain to me the steps of the process? Like how long it will take for them to get back to me about my references, when I have to start doing my medical, physical, ASIC, does this mean I was successful?? Iím all a little confused...
thank you!!
Hi, if theyíre doing reference checks you have definitely been successful. About a week after my references were checked I got a phone call saying Iíve been successful and need to complete my ASIC and medical. My ASIC is nearly done, next step is medical and also having to provide your RSA and First Aid and lastly your swimming certificate which theyíll give to you to take to your local pool to show youíre compentent to swim
50mtrs freestyle and tread in water for 3mins.
dreamjob_99 is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 09:13
  #308 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 22
Anyone heading to GS on Wednesday 26th?
crewwannabe2 is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2018, 06:21
  #309 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 25
3 of us girls from Perth are going to GS on the 3rd October 🙌🏻 anyone else?
Madi_burr is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2018, 17:39
  #310 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In the back of a bus
Posts: 923
Friend who also applied got the ref check email after AD, was away from home and not checking emails as out of range. It's a long weekend in Perth, they may have forgotten.

Monday morning got an email "unsuccessful" so I guess even they don't know which it is 😂😂

im waiting on my refs to be accepted.
givemewings is offline  
Old 25th Sep 2018, 04:06
  #311 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Perth
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by Madi_burr View Post
3 of us girls from Perth are going to GS on the 3rd October 🙌🏻 anyone else?
Have u signed your contract yet Madi ? Where is perth will ground school be held ?
sachcho is offline  
Old 25th Sep 2018, 23:39
  #312 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by sachcho View Post
Have u signed your contract yet Madi ? Where is perth will ground school be held ?
Yep got it yesterday! It's in Sydney :-)
Madi_burr is offline  
Old 26th Sep 2018, 01:43
  #313 (permalink)  
7A7
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: CNS
Posts: 25
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone out there losing hope with this ever 'prolonged' process?

Went for my assessment day in June,
Reference checked in July.
IDs checks cleared August.
Sent required documents in Ausgust.
October is nearly here and still stuck with no progress while other people are ready for ground school and signing contracts.

I sent them an email and they said 'someone will be in contact shortly' and that was 3 weeks ago.
Sent them another email recently and they said to direct all MAM inquiries to another email address...

Anyone experiencing the same ordeal as me or am I just unlucky?
7A7 is offline  
Old 26th Sep 2018, 23:29
  #314 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Perth Western Australia
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by Madi_burr View Post


Yep got it yesterday! It's in Sydney :-)
Aww im so jealous! Iím also from Perth, I had my assesment day last week got references done, just did the qantas hr ID background check. I wish they were sending me off in a couple of days but still a long process for me
B.Alexander is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2018, 00:22
  #315 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Perth
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by Madi_burr View Post


Yep got it yesterday! It's in Sydney :-)
Delighted for u.. Enjoy training ... have they asked u to bring anything especially for training .. how much preparation have u to do ?
sachcho is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2018, 00:27
  #316 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Perth
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by 7A7 View Post
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone out there losing hope with this ever 'prolonged' process?

Went for my assessment day in June,
Reference checked in July.
IDs checks cleared August.
Sent required documents in Ausgust.
October is nearly here and still stuck with no progress while other people are ready for ground school and signing contracts.

I sent them an email and they said 'someone will be in contact shortly' and that was 3 weeks ago.
Sent them another email recently and they said to direct all MAM inquiries to another email address...

Anyone experiencing the same ordeal as me or am I just unlucky?

Dont lose hope and get frustrated ... its always a different timeline for different people.. ive read of people who had their initial interviews in 2017.. so its a matter of time.. Good luck !!!
sachcho is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2018, 02:35
  #317 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by 7A7 View Post
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone out there losing hope with this ever 'prolonged' process?

Went for my assessment day in June,
Reference checked in July.
IDs checks cleared August.
Sent required documents in Ausgust.
October is nearly here and still stuck with no progress while other people are ready for ground school and signing contracts.

I sent them an email and they said 'someone will be in contact shortly' and that was 3 weeks ago.
Sent them another email recently and they said to direct all MAM inquiries to another email address...

Anyone experiencing the same ordeal as me or am I just unlucky?
Sounds the exact same as me, I was getting so frustrated too!
I know it's hard but stay patient, my friend went for an assesment day 2 weeks ago and they told her there's a ground school locked in for over Christmas so hopefully you'll get into that one!
Madi_burr is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2018, 02:37
  #318 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by sachcho View Post
Delighted for u.. Enjoy training ... have they asked u to bring anything especially for training .. how much preparation have u to do ?
I'm literally just packing my life up for 7 weeks and hoping for the best haha
The only things they told us to bring is the paperwork they mailed out to us and a passport photo 🤷🏻*♀️
Madi_burr is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2018, 08:23
  #319 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 28
Does anyone know when qantas hire for casuals? It seems like they just put an ad out maybe may/June? Been checking the website since August and nothing yet!
rach94 is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2018, 10:37
  #320 (permalink)  
7A7
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: CNS
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by Madi_burr View Post


Sounds the exact same as me, I was getting so frustrated too!
I know it's hard but stay patient, my friend went for an assesment day 2 weeks ago and they told her there's a ground school locked in for over Christmas so hopefully you'll get into that one!
Hi,
I'm not sure if it will ever happen but I will try and stay positive
I truly hope nobody will ever go through this ridiculous ordeal.

At first I thought it might be my RSA that's holding me back because it's from another state but if you're working in the air going from states to states I don't think this really matters.

Anyways good to know there are still available dates though...... Thanks for the positive feed everyone
7A7 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.