Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment IV

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment IV

Old 17th Nov 2016, 23:31
  #321 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Gappd View Post
So glad I've found this thread!
I've been on their active hold list since August for NTL and got the call this morning about the next GS starting February 6th in Sydney, can't wait!
Any advice would be awesome
hey Gappd I went through the same thing, active hold for NTL and got the call about Feb GS! So excited! now to find accom for the duration of training! do you know if the 4 weeks is all in Sydney? I've heard that some of the training is held in Melb also?
petal87 is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2016, 04:06
  #322 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Newcastle, New South Wales
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by petal87 View Post
hey Gappd I went through the same thing, active hold for NTL and got the call about Feb GS! So excited! now to find accom for the duration of training! do you know if the 4 weeks is all in Sydney? I've heard that some of the training is held in Melb also?
Hey Petal87,

Paperwork submitted & got a pre-blood test today to check what I'll need to get injectionwise for my serology to be given in the medical. One step closer!
I'm not sure if there's parts of the training done in MEL, as you'd expect all the facilities in SYD.
But if anyone on the forum that's currently in, or recently graduated from doing GS in SYD, we'd love to know!
Gappd is offline  
Old 22nd Nov 2016, 00:29
  #323 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by Gappd View Post
So glad I've found this thread!
I've been on their active hold list since August for NTL and got the call this morning about the next GS starting February 6th in Sydney, can't wait!
Any advice would be awesome
Hey Gappd & Petal87.

I finished ground school two weeks ago. Sydney base, and yes I can confirm it's 4 weeks training with about 5 days in Melbourne for EP's, which you go to Melbourne 1 week prior to graduating.
natd is offline  
Old 24th Nov 2016, 05:08
  #324 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Newcastle, New South Wales
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by natd View Post
Hey Gappd & Petal87.

I finished ground school two weeks ago. Sydney base, and yes I can confirm it's 4 weeks training with about 5 days in Melbourne for EP's, which you go to Melbourne 1 week prior to graduating.
Thanks for confirming that natd, and congratulations on your GS completion. Guessing they fly you down & back each day when doing the EP's in Melbourne?
Gappd is offline  
Old 24th Nov 2016, 05:29
  #325 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 13
Hey everyone! I've been on the active hold list since the assessment day in April as I had a holiday booked. Now that it's over I will be starting ground school on the 6th of February 2017 in Brisbane. Just got the email today stating that the medical has to be completed by December the 23rd. Does anyone know if the medical includes a blood test or is that something I have to do on my own? I just can't find my vaccination records. Is anyone else starting ground school in February in Brisbane?
Hollizlemynizzle is offline  
Old 25th Nov 2016, 01:42
  #326 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Hollizlemynizzle View Post
Hey everyone! I've been on the active hold list since the assessment day in April as I had a holiday booked. Now that it's over I will be starting ground school on the 6th of February 2017 in Brisbane. Just got the email today stating that the medical has to be completed by December the 23rd. Does anyone know if the medical includes a blood test or is that something I have to do on my own? I just can't find my vaccination records. Is anyone else starting ground school in February in Brisbane?
Hey Hollizlemynizzle!
I've just had a blood test this morning to confirm if I need to update my vaccinations, you'll need to get this done too if you don't have a record, as you have to take it to your medical appointment. Just go to your GP and ask them to test you.
I'm pretty sure I will need to go back and get the Hep A shot as I don't recall ever having this before.
petal87 is offline  
Old 25th Nov 2016, 23:35
  #327 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by petal87 View Post
Hey Hollizlemynizzle!
I've just had a blood test this morning to confirm if I need to update my vaccinations, you'll need to get this done too if you don't have a record, as you have to take it to your medical appointment. Just go to your GP and ask them to test you.
I'm pretty sure I will need to go back and get the Hep A shot as I don't recall ever having this before.

Thankyou so much for your help I remember being immunised in primary school but I can't find the papers and I don't want to get more needles if I don't need them! Haha I'm such a sook. If I do need to get immunised will I still be able to attend the medical without being immunised? There's so so much I have to do all in such a short period of time, as Altara want everything done before Christmas it's so hard not to stress!
Hollizlemynizzle is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2016, 05:40
  #328 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by Gappd View Post
Thanks for confirming that natd, and congratulations on your GS completion. Guessing they fly you down & back each day when doing the EP's in Melbourne?
Hi Gappd!

Thank you! And I they don't fly you back each day. You stay at the Mantra hotel for four nights. We went from Saturday - Wednesday.
natd is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2016, 05:44
  #329 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by Hollizlemynizzle View Post
Thtankyou so much for your help I remember being immunised in primary school but I can't find the papers and I don't want to get more needles if I don't need them! Haha I'm such a sook. If I do need to get immunised will I still be able to attend the medical without being immunised? There's so so much I have to do all in such a short period of time, as Altara want everything done before Christmas it's so hard not to stress!
Hi Hollizlemynizzle,

I suggest you get all your vaccinations done prior to medical because if you don't they may not accept you. Also you need to pay for your medicals. But I had to get all my hep B done, so just show hat you've atleast started it. As either Hep B l require 1 more injection next Jan. But when I went to my medical I already had 2 out of 3 hep B shots.
natd is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2016, 23:23
  #330 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Newcastle, New South Wales
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by natd View Post
Hi Gappd!

Thank you! And I they don't fly you back each day. You stay at the Mantra hotel for four nights. We went from Saturday - Wednesday.
Thanks for clarifying that natd, would definitely make the week down there easier on everyone.
Any advice on surviving GS & the theory/prac exams?
Gappd is offline  
Old 4th Dec 2016, 07:27
  #331 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by Gappd View Post
Thanks for clarifying that natd, would definitely make the week down there easier on everyone.
Any advice on surviving GS & the theory/prac exams?
Hi Gappd,

Not a problem at all my suggestion would be to ensure to study and you will be provided with workbooks that I suggest you complete as it will assist with exams. Practical exams also so ensure you know what your doing and you will be fine.
natd is offline  
Old 5th Dec 2016, 01:42
  #332 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 18
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows when altara/Jetstar will be hiring again- preferably SEQ BNE Base?
Lauren98 is offline  
Old 6th Dec 2016, 03:23
  #333 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sydney
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by Lauren98 View Post
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows when altara/Jetstar will be hiring again- preferably SEQ BNE Base?
To my knowledge, JQ have already fully recruited for all the upcoming GS's for SEQ. It's quite likely that they won't start recruiting again until mid-2017 or later, depending on how much crew turnover there is. Sorry if that's not the answer you are looking for.
Slipspace is offline  
Old 11th Dec 2016, 23:52
  #334 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 13
Hey guys just wondering how everyone sent though their dental x-Ray (OPG) ? They're asking for a cd rom so does that mean we have to send it through post to the Altara office? Will they accept an email of it?
Hollizlemynizzle is offline  
Old 12th Dec 2016, 00:42
  #335 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Newcastle, New South Wales
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by Hollizlemynizzle View Post
Hey guys just wondering how everyone sent though their dental x-Ray (OPG) ? They're asking for a cd rom so does that mean we have to send it through post to the Altara office? Will they accept an email of it?
Hey Hollizlemynizzle! I got a digital copy from my Dentist of the OPG emailed to Altara and there didn't seem to be any issues with it. Hope that helps!
Gappd is offline  
Old 12th Dec 2016, 02:23
  #336 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Gappd View Post
Hey Hollizlemynizzle! I got a digital copy from my Dentist of the OPG emailed to Altara and there didn't seem to be any issues with it. Hope that helps!
Thankyou so much !
Hollizlemynizzle is offline  
Old 14th Dec 2016, 00:43
  #337 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 13
Does anyone know how to obtain 10 years of address history proof?
I have just recieved the email to start my Qantas background check
Hollizlemynizzle is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2017, 10:47
  #338 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2
Pre-employment Booklet

Originally Posted by Nlus19 View Post
You get taught both A320 and A321 but A321 is only the last week and a half!

If you'd like I can forward you the pre-employment course booklet that I got emailed prior to ground school? (Maybe something to look over while waiting) you can Leave your emails below.. And they give you manuals during the first week.
Hi Nlus19, do you still have access to the pre employment course booklet. Would love a copy to look thru before I Start. Thanks
Lozzi96 is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2017, 11:09
  #339 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2
I too am starting Syd ground school,6 Feb. Just completed my ASIC checks, with regard to 10years addresses, I have been in the same place for more than ten years so I only had the one address to fill in..
Lozzi96 is offline  
Old 4th Jan 2017, 08:53
  #340 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mount white
Posts: 20
Jetstar/altara is hiring

I submitted my application today !! See how it goes..
Dream44 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.