Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc.
Reload this Page >

Netjets Europe fires 25% of pilots

Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc. The place for discussion of issues related to corporate, Ag and GA aviation. If you're a professional pilot and don't fly for the airlines then try here.

Netjets Europe fires 25% of pilots

Old 14th Jun 2020, 07:30
  #81 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Right hand seat
Posts: 95
Very provocative name, Mr Hansell, on a NetJets redundancy thread!
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2020, 12:55
  #82 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 509
The real Hansell would have been proud of the current President of NJE.
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 25th Jul 2020, 11:12
  #83 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 509
So, it looks like Netjets is making a u-turn to re-hire all crew that have been made redundant. Let's celebrate only when we have signed the contracts.
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 25th Jul 2020, 14:33
  #84 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: EUROPE
Posts: 18
Yes they had an excellent vision on the future. Hire and fire optima forma. Complete financial madness.
no nonsense is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2020, 21:34
  #85 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: To
Posts: 228
Will all come back or have they taken other jobs. There where at least 4 Falcon companies hiring in the last four months
pilot dude is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2020, 22:08
  #86 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 509
We do not know yet...
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 31st Jul 2020, 12:51
  #87 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Europe mainly
Posts: 89
I bet most come back. Besides the ones who wanted to leave soon anyway.
Its still a great company with good Work/Life balance and renumeration.
Delta12 is offline  
Old 31st Jul 2020, 18:27
  #88 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Home Counties
Age: 43
Posts: 498
Originally Posted by Delta12 View Post
I bet most come back. Besides the ones who wanted to leave soon anyway.
Its still a great company with good Work/Life balance and renumeration.
The money is crap but somewhat offset by the lifestyle if that is what you need. But calling it good is a stretch.
Globally Challenged is offline  
Old 1st Aug 2020, 19:24
  #89 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 659
Originally Posted by Delta12 View Post
I bet most come back. Besides the ones who wanted to leave soon anyway.
Its still a great company with good Work/Life balance and renumeration.
Too bad that job security is basically non existent in Netjets Europe - after what we've just witnessed and also looking back to the previous firing rounds. Seniority should matter in a company like NJE, but it obviously means little anymore.
Klimax is online now  
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 08:23
  #90 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Europe
Posts: 394
Originally Posted by Globally Challenged View Post
The money is crap but somewhat offset by the lifestyle if that is what you need. But calling it good is a stretch.
The money is most certainly not crap if you compare it to other light and midsize jet pilot jobs in Europe. Sure, more money to be made elsewhere on Gulftsreams and Globals but the truly good jobs are few and far between.
733driver is online now  
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 08:24
  #91 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Europe
Posts: 394
Originally Posted by Klimax View Post
Too bad that job security is basically non existent in Netjets Europe - after what we've just witnessed and also looking back to the previous firing rounds. Seniority should matter in a company like NJE, but it obviously means little anymore.
Couldn't agree more.
733driver is online now  
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 09:19
  #92 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 659
Originally Posted by 733driver View Post
The money is most certainly not crap if you compare it to other light and midsize jet pilot jobs in Europe. Sure, more money to be made elsewhere on Gulftsreams and Globals but the truly good jobs are few and far between.
You're certainly right IF put in the perspective of light and midsize jets in Europe - I did indeed make my benchmark according to the Large Cabin segment (BD700/4/5/650/F7X etc.) where the salary at NJE is comparatively low when up against most management company gigs. The only other major player in this segment is low baller Vista Jet that pays equally [email protected]
Klimax is online now  
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 10:58
  #93 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 509
NJE pays way better than Vista and the pay is the same across all fleets. So, even if you end up on a Light Jet (Phenom 300) you'll make the same base pay as a Global driver who had started the day/week as you. And the guys on the Light and Midsize Jets fly a loooooot and thus make another chunk of money as productivity bonus, regardless of the profitability of the company. The top pilots make about 1 extra monthly salary this way.

I think most people in NJE are aware that the money is good, but not fantastic and they happily trade in some money for
- a good roster of 6/6 or 7/6
- being based at home or wherever they wish
- normally a short commute

The only worrying component is now the fact that in hard times the company, or at least one person, does not care for previously agreed policies and that, according to UK law, even the union could not do much about it. Next year will provide NJE-crew with a new contract outside the UK, let's what it will look like and how the relationship between management and the union will evolve. At the moment it looks like moderate forces within NJE have won in recent weeks and that's why people are getting re-hired.
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 24th Aug 2020, 09:58
  #94 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Right hand seat
Posts: 95
So the top management has changed again. The (ex) president escorted from his office on Friday by the Security Manager and all those made redundant invited back. What a complete waste of money and (especially for those made redundant) emotional energy.
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Old 25th Aug 2020, 07:27
  #95 (permalink)  
Aso
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Belgium
Posts: 55
So the top management has changed again. The (ex) president escorted from his office on Friday by the Security Manager and all those made redundant invited back. What a complete waste of money and (especially for those made redundant) emotional energy.
Well make sense to get rid of the guy who mismanaged this whole thing...
Aso is offline  
Old 26th Aug 2020, 17:19
  #96 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 659
Originally Posted by EatMyShorts! View Post
NJE pays way better than Vista and the pay is the same across all fleets. So, even if you end up on a Light Jet (Phenom 300) you'll make the same base pay as a Global driver who had started the day/week as you. And the guys on the Light and Midsize Jets fly a loooooot and thus make another chunk of money as productivity bonus, regardless of the profitability of the company. The top pilots make about 1 extra monthly salary this way.

I think most people in NJE are aware that the money is good, but not fantastic and they happily trade in some money for
- a good roster of 6/6 or 7/6
- being based at home or wherever they wish
- normally a short commute

The only worrying component is now the fact that in hard times the company, or at least one person, does not care for previously agreed policies and that, according to UK law, even the union could not do much about it. Next year will provide NJE-crew with a new contract outside the UK, let's what it will look like and how the relationship between management and the union will evolve. At the moment it looks like moderate forces within NJE have won in recent weeks and that's why people are getting re-hired.
All quite true, including that the money is not fantastic. It's actually off by some 20-40% when compared to rotational managed aircraft in the the large cabin segment (not the small stuff) in Europe. Why anybody would stay a FiestaJet is beyond me as well.
Klimax is online now  
Old 26th Aug 2020, 17:33
  #97 (permalink)  
Aso
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Belgium
Posts: 55
Why anybody would stay a FiestaJet is beyond me as well.
Fiestajet... LOL

Until mid march you were right and everybody was looking around... At the moment... It is a very good place to stay for another 3 or 4 years...
Aso is offline  
Old 27th Aug 2020, 09:49
  #98 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 509
Fiestajet is nice LOL

A lot of people are happy to trade in money for job-stability. Money's not everything in life and if you cannot make a good life from 130.000 EUR a year then you won't be able to enjoy life with 200.000 EUR a year.
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 28th Aug 2020, 22:10
  #99 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 659
Originally Posted by EatMyShorts! View Post
Fiestajet is nice LOL

A lot of people are happy to trade in money for job-stability. Money's not everything in life and if you cannot make a good life from 130.000 EUR a year then you won't be able to enjoy life with 200.000 EUR a year.
That’s very true. However, you can retire a couple of years earlier when the house is paid off and the pension investments you made with those 70k pay difference a year are paying off. But you’re right, if it’s only for casual spending..

Job stability went out the window at NJE when they sacked the whole Falcon fleet pilots. Doesn’t matter how long, or short, time you’ve spend with NJE. Wrong fleet - and goodbye, just like that.
Klimax is online now  
Old 30th Aug 2020, 17:38
  #100 (permalink)  

PPRuNe Handmaiden
 
Join Date: Feb 1997
Location: Duit On Mon Dei
Posts: 4,362
press article

"Elton DīSouza, ex-TAP, is removed from the leadership of NetJets Europe after one year

28.08.2020 at 18h17

Linkedin
Pinterest

Link:

Elton DīSouza, the manager who left TAP shortly after winning one of the controversial performance awards, was invited to leave the leadership of NetJets, where he had joined about a year ago
Anabela Campos

Anabela Campos

Elton DīSouza, former director of TAP's revenue area, hardly warmed his chair at NetJets. One year after taking over the leadership of NetJet Europa, a private jet company headquartered in Paįo de Arcos, Nelson DīSouza was removed from office.

The NetJets statement on the departure of Elton DīSouza, to which the Expresso had access, does not give the reason that justifies the departure, but it is done in a hostile tone, implying that the manager is not welcome in the company, and that its management lacked transparency.


"Elton DīSouza is leaving as president of NetJets Europe, and he will never join the company again", explains Adam Johnson, chairman of the board and president of NetJets worldwide, in a note announcing the resignation of the manager, and says that he will be replaced by the company's executive director, Christian Luwisch.

Adam Johnson stresses that the departure of Elton DīSouza is an "opportunity to contribute to greater collaboration, transparency and alignment in the relationship between NetJets USA and Europe". The president of NetJets also stresses that it is also an opportunity to build a "sustainable culture of trust, accountability, and respect" as determined in the 20/20 flight plan.

Elton dīSouza was one of the managers brought to TAP by David Neeleman, when the North American investor became a shareholder in the Portuguese carrier, from whose capital he is leaving.

The manager was at TAP for three years and seven months, and when he left the company he was the leader in the revenue area.

It was known to have been one of the two highest performance awards attributed by TAP in 2019, related to the financial year 2018, a year of losses, a decision that deserved open criticism from the Minister of Infrastructure. Elton DīSouza had received a prize of 110 thousand euros."

Not the usual "leaving to spend time with their family" quote.
redsnail is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright Đ 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.