PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)
-   -   My US regional now wants pilots from overseas. (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/642609-my-us-regional-now-wants-pilots-overseas.html)

Kenny 15th Sep 2021 13:38


Originally Posted by havick (Post 11111494)
No. Plenty of E3s currently flying around the US without a degree.

Also worth pointing out that if you do somehow gain permanent US residency while here and have aspirations of joining a legacy, you will need a bachelors degree to stand any chance.

In regards to any flow through from the American Airlines regional partners to mainline, has anyone actually seen confirmation of this in writing? My understanding of the E3 is that its employer specific and not transferable, so Id be really surprised to see anyone on an E3 flow through.

Easy Ryder 16th Sep 2021 11:01


Originally Posted by Tinstaafl (Post 11109876)
During upgrade class yesterday we were told by the head of ground training that PSA Airlines is now accepting applications from overseas pilots. He wasn't very clear if they're sponsoring visas, but he told me to get my Oz compatriots over here in droves. PSA wants as many pilots as they can get, for themselves and to eventually flow to AA. They want to start 2 newhire classes every two weeks, each with 30 pilots.

Large bonuses now being offered when you upgrade and eventually go to AA, totalling up to $150,000. $30k when you upgrade + $70k when you go to AA + an extra $25k when you go for each year where you're available for 900 hours of work for (maximum of two years). 900 hours is the min guarantee per month anyway so easily achieved just by being on reserve, and includes other qualifying activities such as annual leave/vacation etc.

So if anyone wants to come let me know before you apply and I'll put a recommendation in, and do what I can to help.

Im interested but your private inbox is full unfortunately.



Climb150 16th Sep 2021 13:54


Originally Posted by Easy Ryder (Post 11112014)
Im interested but your private inbox is full unfortunately.

In post # 36 the Op explains that he is in upgrade class and doesn't have time to go through his inbox right now. You guys have to read through all the posts instead of going straight to the end and commenting.

TinFoilhat2 16th Sep 2021 21:15

Here is the email below my mate received. He is trying to get in as an E3 applicant. Seems PSA is not sponsoring E3 visas after all.

Hi Paul



We currently do not provide work sponsorships.



Victoria West

Pilot Associate Recruiter

[email protected]

Charlotte, NC 28208



PSA logo signature

Climb150 17th Sep 2021 05:47


Originally Posted by TinFoilhat2 (Post 11112263)
Here is the email below my mate received. He is trying to get in as an E3 applicant. Seems PSA is not sponsoring E3 visas after all.

Hi Paul



We currently do not provide work sponsorships.



Victoria West

Pilot Associate Recruiter

[email protected]

Charlotte, NC 28208



PSA logo signature

So the OP said 4 days ago that his company was planning to hire foreigners and you think that it would be implemented by the end of the week?

here_we_go_again 17th Sep 2021 23:47


Originally Posted by Climb150 (Post 11112384)
So the OP said 4 days ago that his company was planning to hire foreigners and you think that it would be implemented by the end of the week?

Surely someone might have thought though to tell the recruitment team of the plan?

Climb150 18th Sep 2021 01:34


Originally Posted by here_we_go_again (Post 11112820)
Surely someone might have thought though to tell the recruitment team of the plan?

Maybe management wanted to let an Australian know to maybe tell his friends to update their CV for an impending E3 recruiting drive?

​​​​​​The OP never gave a time line he just said that his company told him in chat during his upgrade they are planning to hire foreigners. Did people wait? Absolutely not they just started bombarding HR before any official announcement was made.

vee1-rotate 18th Sep 2021 22:13


Originally Posted by TinFoilhat2 (Post 11112263)
Here is the email below my mate received. He is trying to get in as an E3 applicant. Seems PSA is not sponsoring E3 visas after all.

Hi Paul



We currently do not provide work sponsorships.



Victoria West

Pilot Associate Recruiter

[email protected]

Charlotte, NC 28208



PSA logo signature

You didn't post your friends email so not sure of the original text, but depending on the wording the recruiter may have read it as he was requesting sponsorship for a visa. The E3 is not a sponsored visa, it is very different to the sponsored H1B etc. Typically the HR departments of these airlines are pretty big, so this may be a new employee who isn't aware of the impending activation of E3 employment and when she read "sponsorship" she replied with the default email that they use on a lot of emails they get, from those in countries requesting sponsorship for a visa.

kwyle09 5th Oct 2021 01:16


Originally Posted by Tinstaafl (Post 11109876)
During upgrade class yesterday we were told by the head of ground training that PSA Airlines is now accepting applications from overseas pilots. He wasn't very clear if they're sponsoring visas, but he told me to get my Oz compatriots over here in droves. PSA wants as many pilots as they can get, for themselves and to eventually flow to AA. They want to start 2 newhire classes every two weeks, each with 30 pilots.

Large bonuses now being offered when you upgrade and eventually go to AA, totalling up to $150,000. $30k when you upgrade + $70k when you go to AA + an extra $25k when you go for each year where you're available for 900 hours of work for (maximum of two years). 900 hours is the min guarantee per month anyway so easily achieved just by being on reserve, and includes other qualifying activities such as annual leave/vacation etc.

So if anyone wants to come let me know before you apply and I'll put a recommendation in, and do what I can to help.

Can't send you a PM so it would be great if you could message me please :)

=============================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls. Far more effective to just leave an email address.

Hudson Hawk 7th Oct 2021 10:23

I haven't verified this, but looks like a legit publication
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune....087107b322.jpg

bafanguy 7th Oct 2021 13:19

That may be a legit ad as this law firm specializes in immigration law. But the cynic in me says they're just trolling for business using bombastic news headlines as bait:

https://harveylawcorporation.com/

But the statement about Delta and American was out of context...completely out of context.


umop apisdn 7th Oct 2021 18:42

I don't know what it is about lawyers, supposed professionals in their fields yet they get away with being slippery, lying snakes for almost their entire career and never get called out. Anything and anyone is fair game if it makes them money.

Do not trust this publication. They'll take your money say whoops, we actually can't do it, see you later.

Plenty of Australians in the US, pleanty of them ask lawyers all the time for options to green cards. Add to that all of the Canadians and Europeans who would love to get a slice of the US aviation market. If an EB2 green card for a pilot was possible, you'd hear about it very quickly. People would be singing it from their rooftops, and the pilot unions here would be losing their collective minds.

That firm is talking nonsense and I hope that they see my response, just so they can read one more time that they are a bunch of snakes who have no business masquerading as a professional entity of any kind.

Lazyload 7th Oct 2021 21:55

And judging by the picture, you have to be dead skinny and 3 metres tall

havick 8th Oct 2021 00:17


Originally Posted by bafanguy (Post 11122672)
That may be a legit ad as this law firm specializes in immigration law. But the cynic in me says they're just trolling for business using bombastic news headlines as bait:

https://harveylawcorporation.com/

But the statement about Delta and American was out of context...completely out of context.

These guys deserve a dick punch to be honest.


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:50.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.