Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

Turbulent times at Nauru Airlines

Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Turbulent times at Nauru Airlines

Old 10th Jun 2019, 04:29
  #41 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brisbane
Age: 63
Posts: 216
Trouble is GB the paperwork is not in order and if CASA does a thorough audit they should see that all is not well operationally despite what TJ keeps telling everybody
feenix is offline  
Old 10th Jun 2019, 09:14
  #42 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: A long way from home
Posts: 7
Question is (IF the audit has revealed sounds reasons for doing so) will Dutton allow CASA to suspend their AoC?
Rhterrke Atnyeneteke is offline  
Old 10th Jun 2019, 12:14
  #43 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: QLD
Posts: 58
Rhterrke, sorry for the thread drift but your user is something I haven’t heard for 18 years!
Classic. Thanks for the flashback

“Keeping strong”....
Turbulent Eddy is offline  
Old 11th Jun 2019, 12:21
  #44 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 87
Is this thread about the long standing document problems at the company or a personal attack on an individual?

Me thinks it is the latter and that is not the purpose of PPRuNe
Pundit is offline  
Old 11th Jun 2019, 21:37
  #45 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brisbane
Age: 63
Posts: 216
Follow up article again today in the Courier Mail
feenix is offline  
Old 11th Jun 2019, 21:44
  #46 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 9
@pundit - it’s not a personal attack, it’s simply stating facts. Unfortunately it’s taken a long time for people to feel comfortable to speak out about the atrocities that have taken place under T and T’s dictatorship.
Interesting the hypocrisy of people losing jobs over ‘conflict of interest’ yet T and T are buried in it.
Another fun day at the office today no doubt whilst they try to down play the article in today’s paper.
lemonandlime is online now  
Old 12th Jun 2019, 01:13
  #47 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brisbane
Age: 63
Posts: 216
I notice the AANova website has all of a sudden been shutdown for maintenance ??????
feenix is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2019, 10:38
  #48 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 67
Interesting coincidence, the website disappearing - makes you wonder why!!

Pity nobody had taken a screenshot of it...or had they? I know where there's a copy of it
gav_20022002 is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2019, 10:43
  #49 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: new zealand
Posts: 95
Sort of like a poor mans John Borghetti then?
A bit unfair on Borg's, don't you think?
ringbinder is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2019, 11:01
  #50 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 67
It’s all on their “wayback machine”
gav_20022002 is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2019, 11:08
  #51 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Canberra
Posts: 21
No, not gone to ground - down to Perisher again for a couple of nights of bedlam with the QB'day weekend hordes.

Is it time to get the Philippino team coming back - the one with the "southern hemisphere's best yield manager" in it - as it seems there needed more than ever now? Or maybe another Philippino instead ................

Why doesn't the company post results IF it's all working and the route extensions are a success, I think we know why and even sight-challenged Frederick would see it obviously that their efforts were expensive but has yielded little other then convenience for island travellers. Good for them - bad for the bottom line. Very bad, eh
PacificSpy is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2019, 11:14
  #52 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 9
website maintenance

Originally Posted by feenix View Post
I notice the AANova website has all of a sudden been shutdown for maintenance ??????
I notice the Nauru Airlines website has gone down today for ‘maintenance’ this afternoon too.. hmmm.
lemonandlime is online now  
Old 12th Jun 2019, 21:12
  #53 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 344
Originally Posted by lemonandlime View Post

I notice the Nauru Airlines website has gone down today for ‘maintenance’ this afternoon too.. hmmm.
Working now
Chris2303 is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2019, 23:28
  #54 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Pacific
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by feenix View Post
Follow up article again today in the Courier Mail
Can anyone post the article? I can't get it from out here...
foam is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2019, 23:46
  #55 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 53
Sector3 is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2019, 01:48
  #56 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Canberra
Posts: 21
Was today PM'd a copy of the ASIC registration documents - interesting to say the least.

The individuals may well say they were aware of the connection (how couldn't you when you are in the thick of it) but i reckon it;d fail any "pub conflict of interest test". Management needs to understand it is what people see that is going on that is what their judged by, Transperancy is a word that springs to mind.

So, they reckon the Tongan exercise will get off the ground in a bit over 4 months - very optimistic and good luck there? I imagine they are back-slapping themselves with such a development but the fact is that this opportunity was begun by the previous management, as was Air Vanuatu's work or the Quantas cargo work. Certainly this current management have been able to fortunately exploit the situation for advantage - but they started none of it. Facts won't stop them claiming credit for it but.

Heard an amusing story last night where a Quantas pilot berated an inflight chef some time ago - didn't he realise that the worst person you upset anywhere is the one preparing your food? Anyway, it allegedly seems the steak was "marinated" in a B747 F-class toilet prior to cooking and was thoroughly enjoyed. Story was told to a number of people who met the chef when there paths crossed recently and was very happy to share it.
PacificSpy is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2019, 02:27
  #57 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 9
Plod

Originally Posted by PacificSpy View Post
Was today PM'd a copy of the ASIC registration documents - interesting to say the least.

The individuals may well say they were aware of the connection (how couldn't you when you are in the thick of it) but i reckon it;d fail any "pub conflict of interest test". Management needs to understand it is what people see that is going on that is what their judged by, Transperancy is a word that springs to mind.

So, they reckon the Tongan exercise will get off the ground in a bit over 4 months - very optimistic and good luck there? I imagine they are back-slapping themselves with such a development but the fact is that this opportunity was begun by the previous management, as was Air Vanuatu's work or the Quantas cargo work. Certainly this current management have been able to fortunately exploit the situation for advantage - but they started none of it. Facts won't stop them claiming credit for it but.

Heard an amusing story last night where a Quantas pilot berated an inflight chef some time ago - didn't he realise that the worst person you upset anywhere is the one preparing your food? Anyway, it allegedly seems the steak was "marinated" in a B747 F-class toilet prior to cooking and was thoroughly enjoyed. Story was told to a number of people who met the chef when there paths crossed recently and was very happy to share it.
I hope Plod enjoyed his steak 😂😂😂
lemonandlime is online now  
Old 14th Jun 2019, 05:20
  #58 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 87
Quantas

Gee lemonandlime spelling may not be a strength of PacificSpy

Last time I checked there was no "u" in Quantas, I mean Qantas
Pundit is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2019, 07:12
  #59 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Here and there
Posts: 316
Nauru Airlines in exciting new era of growth and success
Finance Minister Hon David Adeang MP has today congratulated the board of Nauru Airlines for a successful audit by Australia’s aviation regulator, and hailed the airline’s current growth. The Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) yesterday announced the results from the biennial audit which took place over the last week. A statement issued by the airline’s board revealed, “It was a very comprehensive and professional audit and resulted in a satisfactory outcome, of which all staff can be proud.

.”
Mr Adeang explained the audit had been scheduled since early December and is an instrumental part of operating any airline to ensure safety and accountability.“I’d like to extend the Government’s congratulations to the airline’s board, operational teams and indeed all staff, for the way they have ensured that Nauru Airlines is now widely recognised as a leader in the Pacific.”The minister also commended the airline on its expansion and new business development, particularly the agreement to fly for Air Vanuatu to Auckland and Fiji from June 17. The new agreement will see Nauru Airlines flying approximately 80 hours per week for Air Vanuatu, creating significant revenue.“This, added to our training of Air Vanuatu’s cabin crew, shows just how successful an enterprise can be if operated with good governance and the right financial strategy,” he said.

.
“I also welcome six new pilots who started this week and note that the board is currently reviewing the fleet and considering new aircraft, which will expand our capabilities even more.”Mr Adeang said the airline will have more news to announce soon.“The Government of Nauru has worked hard to improve the economy since we were elected in 2013, and a successful airline means more jobs for Nauruans and more financial injection into the local economy which benefits everyone.

.”
-End-Lyall MercerManaging Director, Mercer PR
Judd is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2019, 09:48
  #60 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brisbane
Age: 63
Posts: 216
Me thinks Mr Judd should go back to walking dogs
feenix is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.