PDA

View Full Version : Reading material

dannyo
13th Aug 2003, 22:52
Afternoon all!

I am going to be starting my ATCO training with NATS @ Hurn round about Oct. next year and got to thinking:

"What can I do to get myself a bit of a head start on all that reading in the first few months.....?"

Does anyone have / know where I can get my hands on, any relevant literature that will help towards this?

Obviously, times they are a changing (in the words of the song!) and alot of regs etc.. may be obsolete by the time I start but anything that I can get re. the basics as it were would be much appreciated.

Any ideas??

evenflow
13th Aug 2003, 23:59
They teach you everything from scratch, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you're really keen, get your hands on a MATS part one, you can have mine but its a bit dusty.

Otherwise Rough Guide To Bournemouth will make you more popular with your new friends.

250 kts
14th Aug 2003, 00:56
Go out and enjoy yourself for a few months and get the liver in training for the continuous assault it will endure on the course!!:eek: :eek: :D :D

Playpen
20th Aug 2003, 00:30
reading list ....

AIRPORT77-drama
WHICKERS WORLD (vol2)-the bit about concorde....

CD's....
LUTON AIRPORT-whatever her name was
Theme tune to Miami Vice

what to wear....
Tight slacks (look out for the new starsky and hutch movie)
hush Puppies
leather jacket(airforce issue)

and you'll have a good start....

:ok:

Buster the Bear
20th Aug 2003, 03:44
Do not trust that bloke with a BMW M3, he makes out he can instruct, he would be better suited to morris dancing me thinks! Only joking of course.

bagpuss lives
20th Aug 2003, 03:46
Classic there Playpen - nice one :D:D