PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Registration changes

PorcoRosso
16th Nov 2001, 14:19
my company is planning to buy a Business Turbo-prop, and possibly "N" registered to avoid the JAA maintenance costs, and european crap in general.
Many Cheyenne are available on the "N" Register, but if conditions dictate, we may have to buy one in Europe.
If this one were not "N", I would like to know some facts about a "N" registration process (is it lengthy, expensive ....)
I have heard about lawyers, specialized in this business, in the channel islands. Any feedback ?

Best regards

411A
16th Nov 2001, 19:23
Not really that difficult to put an aircraft on the US register. An export CofA is required from the present country of registration and a DAR would do a records and aircraft check to ensure it conforms to the US type certificate. For example, some foreign authorties require equipment to be installed that the FAA does not...this would have to be removed. All in all, depending on type, not too bad.

GotTheTshirt
16th Nov 2001, 21:49
Porco Rosso
An Export Certificate of Airworthiness is NOT required for a US manufactured aircraft, only for foreign manufactured aircraft and THAT export C.ofA. has to come from the country of manufacture NOT country of registry ( unless they are the same of course). A US manufactured aircraft only requires an original FAA cetification either a US C.of A. or a US Export C.of A.
Then a record review to show that no equipment, modifications or repairs have been incorporated that are not FAA approved.
All FAA Ad's must be in compliance and an annual type inspection completed and signed off by FAA IA or repair station.