PDA

View Full Version : Islander Soham

SKYWOLF
1st Aug 2003, 03:50
Does any one remember when the search was on for Jessica and Holly in Soham? There was a grey aircraft that I think was an Islander searching for them.
I thought I saw it the other day.
Does any one know anything about it?
Which agency operates it?

1st Aug 2003, 23:07
The Army Air Corps operates turbine Islanders which are usually painted "light aircraft grey"; several UK police forces also operate Islanders but they're usually in the more common Home Office blue/yellow.

MAN777
2nd Aug 2003, 01:47
Probably AAC machine, the Police islanders belong to GMP (white with thick blue cheat line) Hampshire (mainly white) and Cheshire (blue and yellow) not sure what colour North Easts is.

Dr Jekyll
2nd Aug 2003, 03:54
The "Northolt station flight" certainly used to operate Islanders, and they were often to be seen circling in areas of high police activity.

Regis Potter
2nd Aug 2003, 04:30
Parked next to one of the Northolt Islanders a few years ago. Lots of interesting anntenna & windows all carefully covered from the inside to prevent viewing from the outside. Used to see it operating over West London at high alt. Think it was used for counter-terrorism surveillence ?

HZ123
3rd Aug 2003, 18:52
The dark colour is probably a Northlolt based a/c. In fact one is up above LHR now doing circuits it is a regular thing here and at a number of other sensitive locations. No doubt they do work for the other authorities.

Zlin526
4th Aug 2003, 04:04
FR Dornier 228 based at EMA also does some shady work for the Government intelligence services, so a mate down the pub tells me.

Hang on, Government intelligence???? Bit of a contradiction there.