PDA

View Full Version : A, B, C , & D Checks

OldAg84
13th Nov 2001, 01:33
First, my heartfelt condolences to all affected by today's crash. That's all can say.

The various checks done were mentioned by AA at the news conference. I was hoping someone would post a synopsis of what each check entails, including A/C out of service time. Thanks.

quid
13th Nov 2001, 22:42
Each airline is different, I can only tell you what we do.

A "service" check is done every 3 calendar days. Done on overnights, so no time out of service.

"A" checks are done every 110 hours. Six phases of "A" checks - A-1 thru A-6. Each phase incorporates a part of the "B" check, so we no longer do B checks. An A check takes about 48 hours.

"C" checks are done on a 20 month schedule, and takes 4-6 weeks. Each C check is around $1 million+, and each incorporates 1/4 of a "D" check, so we no longer do D checks. They are part of the C.

skydozer
15th Nov 2001, 01:16
As QUID stated the maintenance programs are to varied to be able to give a generic one. Even aircraft of the same type operated by the same operator can have highly differant maintenance programs.
However a a good basic guide the sample offered is a good example.

Cheers

OldAg84
15th Nov 2001, 17:32
Thanks- I just wanted a general idea. The amount of time that an A/C may be out olf service is amazing. Especially when you look at the smaller carriers, as they have limited "backup" capacity. As a Delta FF I have taxied past the Atlanta maint. base many times and am always amazed at the A/C in various stages of deconstruction.

Thanks again and have safe trips.