PDA

View Full Version : Eurocontrol Testing

HN1708
29th Jul 2003, 10:37
Hi there,

anyone got any info on initial testing for eurocontrol?

Anyone going there on 28/08/03?

Incidentally, anyone know what's the max they'll refund you for travelling there?

Cheers

HN1708

TrafficTraffic
29th Jul 2003, 14:16
Incidentally, anyone know what's the max they'll refund you for travelling there?

Mate you have already passed....

Radar
30th Jul 2003, 00:04
TT,
Your powers of observation are astounding ...... ya can spot 'em a mile off. You on the selection board??????????? :cool:

HN1708
30th Jul 2003, 00:49
I could travel there very cheaply with Ryanscare, but that would mean missing out on a stopover in AMS:cool:

WX Man
3rd Aug 2003, 18:47
I booked last minute with KLM, cost me £400, but they still presented me with over €600 in cash on the final day of my testing :)

And if you get the job, they will pay for your relocation to Luxembourg.

If only the ******s would fund my return journey home after they decided to kick me off the course!!!!

BTW, for info on the selection procedure, search this forum under my username and you'll uncover something posted around Jan/Feb 2002 detailing what the selection procedure was then. I think they have added some other testing thing in since then.

I'm not joking sir
5th Aug 2003, 04:13
First phase tests are the 2hrs 30 on the laptop - spacial awareness, english, memory, concentration/anticipation/reaction "game" that pops up about four times as it's they put a lot of emphasis on doing well on that one. (The screen will split into upto four sections, each with a ball moving towards a line - you have to press when they hit. BE WARNED the balls start to disappear.)

Sounds odd I know but my main tip would be get used to using just the keypad on your keyboard - you'll see why.

They test 60 a month - you need to be in the top 12 to get to the second phase. If you pass but aren't in the top 12 you'll go onto a reserve list for the next phase.

The second phase consists of group exercises, interview and medical.

As for exes - don't think they'll go for a night in EHAM but they will do two nights in EHBK so you can test then spend the afternoon and evening out in town. (Well worth it - can still see some of those Dutch lasses..!) I know someone (!) who flew KLM business each time - all money back!

GOOD LUCK!!

HN1708
7th Aug 2003, 18:48
Many thanks for all the info guys, much appreciated:ok:

Playpen
10th Aug 2003, 16:34
I went on a visit to maastricht UACC some years back and ended up downtown on expenses.
Nice town to live I guess - as for the local talent consisted of a quirky bunch complete with loud voices, short red dyed hair and platform boots that rocketed them to an alarming height - but very friendly (if you know what I mean)

maybe I will visit again ....