PDA

View Full Version : Duty hours

El Mirador
27th Jul 2003, 12:04
I wonder if anybody can help me out there....I am a bored housewife....no..... don't get excited! not that kind! and have a strange desire to become one of the nameless, faceless bods in 'Crewing'. However, I don't have the first idea about 'duty times and hours'....Is there a document I could get hold of to swot up on? and where would I start looking?
Many thanks.:uhoh:

Hilico
27th Jul 2003, 16:06
Senora Mirador, in the UK the standard FTL (Flight Time Limitation) schemes are given in CAA publication CAP371 ('The Avoidance of Fatigue in Aircrews'). This shows limits for fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft, single- and two-crew, and also covers the situation where they cross time zones and may thus not be acclimatised.

AOC holders can come up with their own schemes, but they have to be approved and can't vary much from the limits in this CAP. They can have more leeway for single shifts, but these have to be preceded or followed by more time off.

JAR-OPS 1 and 3 both have Subpart Q which should contain the EU-agreed limitations. However it is blank and likely to remain so for some time. Hence each nation is still doing its own thing.

(Edited for gender of correspondent!)

You splitter
27th Jul 2003, 18:29
El Mirador,

I cant give you a copy of the scheme we use for copyright reasons.

However if you can remain a bored housewife until Monday, my return to the office, I can email you a summary of the main points of FTL we use for crew groundschool and coaching the assistants at work.

It will give you the basic pointers on maximum duty periods, days off, rest periods, cumulative hours etc. etc.

You really must be bored if you wanna go into crewing!! :ok:

El Mirador
27th Jul 2003, 19:08
Thank you so very much chaps! Splitter....Although hard ...I can remain a bored housewife until Monday and an E-Mail would really be appreciated! Life really is that boring around here as married to a military chap, there is precious little to do here!!!
Thank you both again for your help.:O