PDA

View Full Version : I beat the odds today.

28thJuly2001
16th Jul 2003, 02:52
Yep,
I completed my Bi-ennial flight review and kept clear of the statistic of 70% giving up flying before reaching it. (I made that figure up but I think it is close enough).
Funny thing is I was going to incorporate it with a night rating last winter but didn't, never mind it is done and dusted now and the temperature today was quite moist.
No real problems, A few stalls, some steep turns, a pfl and a few circuits.
Ho Hum..I am now all set for another 2 years of happy flying.

28th,
P.S. I couldnt find an examiner to counter-sign my logbook and my two years are up on 28th July so I need to grab one next time I am down the club (flying not bingo). It can be backdated can't it?

Keef
16th Jul 2003, 08:21
Don't think it can be backdated.

If you don't get it signed up by the anniversary, I think it's an "examination" checkride.

I might have got that a bit wrong, but the principle is "don't let it expire".

juswonnafly
16th Jul 2003, 13:27
Keef is correct..........if you do not get it signed before expiry date you will have to do a flight test.

JWF

M14P
16th Jul 2003, 16:11
To clarify (once again) if renewing your SEP 'by experience' (revalidating) then the flight with an Instructor' may take place any time in the closing 12 months of validity. The signature from the examiner may occur at any point in the closing 3 months of validity without any loss of validity period (the date will run from the expiry of your LPC.

If you have achieved all of the required bits and bobs and you fail to get your license signed then you will have 'lapsed' and you will have to complete a LPC (proficiency check) with an examiner, not to be confused with the far more extensive GFT that you did at the end of your course.

In summary: If you have completed your 12 hours (of which must be in the closing 12 month period!!!) and you are now in your second 12 months then sort out a flight with an instructor - as soon as the closing 3 months begins, get your license signed too. Don't delay, there is absolutely nothing to gain by it. Also, remember to take both your logbook and license to the examiner

m

bookworm
16th Jul 2003, 16:36
In summary: If you have completed your 12 hours (of which must be in the closing 12 month period!!!) and you are now in your second 12 months then sort out a flight with an instructor - as soon as the closing 3 months begins, get your license signed too.

Unless I'm reading JAR-FCL 1.245 wrong, I don't think you even have to wait for the closing 3 months. The revalidation by experience can take place, without loss of validity period, at any time in the second 12 months.

18greens
16th Jul 2003, 20:35
Bookworm is right, it can be signed any time in the last 12 months.

So in theory if on the first day of the second 12 months you fly 12 hours ( inc 1 with an instructor) you can get your sep revalidated for 3 years

Does it need to be an examiner that signs the renewal? I know someone signing away who is an FIC and that does not seem to cause problems. The only time an examiner needs to get involved if if you lapse the SEP.

28thJuly2001
17th Jul 2003, 00:27
So basically I need to get an examiner to sign my logbook stating I have done the required 12 hours and 1 hour instructional flight by 28th July (the anniversary)
Does the examiner just fill in the section in my license and that is it or are lots of forms needed to by filled in and sent to men in suits?
I asked the instructor and he wasn't too sure...
28th<<<<Good name Eh!!!!! :bored:

RodgerF
17th Jul 2003, 00:58
You need an examiner to sign the SEP revalidation on the rating page in your licence. There is a form to be completed and signed by the examiner that goes up to FCL

RF

Circuit Basher
17th Jul 2003, 14:54
The form that has to be filled in and sent to the Belgrano is here. (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/FORSRG1119Iss6.pdf) It's quite a simple process, but as others have said, do not go one minute past the deadline. I know BEagle will say that it's just a slightly more in depth test (LPC?), but why bother flying with the extra ballast in the RH seat if you don't have to?

28thJuly2001
18th Jul 2003, 00:02
Thanks for the replies.
I shall bug the examiner for his signature when I next fly.
28th,,

*note to self* Dont leave it so late next time.