PDA

View Full Version : PFA Rally - Have they read the AIC?

Chilli Monster
11th Jul 2003, 19:00
So - here I am mowing my lawn 4 miles inside the Lyneham CTR and I've had two aircraft and a microlight inbound to Kemble go straight over my house.

Ho Hum :rolleyes:

IO540
12th Jul 2003, 00:02
They are probably navigating using the only officially sanctioned method.... :O If you don't use a GPS, you cannot get officially lost.

AlanM
12th Jul 2003, 00:34
.....I wonder if it was the same aircraft that entered the LHR zone at 2400 feet north East of Epsom and went all the way tracking 290ish towards Ascot leaving the zone to the West, and requiring LHR to stop it's outbounds. Thank you VERY much.

HOWEVER,

spoke to three Swedish registered aircraft - all about 5 mins apart and they had obviously done their homework and flew LAM-BPK-BNN and on to Kemble. They were obviously well briefed and a delight to work.

Proof that someone read the AIC I guess..

foghorn
12th Jul 2003, 05:43
What you've got a PC built into your lawn mower, Chilli?

(sorry...)

Keef
12th Jul 2003, 05:56
You mean ... folks called Thames while inbound to the Rally? Tut!

We read the AIC to say "don't dare call anyone" so we wound our way not-quite-overhead LAM - BPK - BNN - round Booker and WW to CPT to Membury etc listening to Thames and Benson and Brize and Lyneham, saying nary a word.

We were in the Yak, with no approved navaids - I had to look out of the window and spot towns and roads and railways and rivers and motorway service areas and disused airfields and water towers and ...

... the slaved DI was 11 degrees out!

Good for the soul, they tell me.