PDA

View Full Version : Seat Cushions

Flyin'Dutch'
11th Jul 2003, 06:08
Anybody have a good address for an upholsterer.

Want to have some extra cushions made.

TIA

FD

Archard
11th Jul 2003, 08:11
Interiair, probably not the correct spelling, of Elstree made a cushion for me about three years ago. The beauty of a tailor made cushion is that it can be made to any thickness required and will have proper impact absorbing material inside, unlike a cushion off the sofa! I could look up the cost and telephone number on my return home, if required.

Paul A.

Flyin'Dutch'
11th Jul 2003, 14:05
Paul,

If you don't mind, would be great.

TIA

Frank

Circuit Basher
11th Jul 2003, 17:05
Just did a Kellys Directory check for them:

Tel: (020) 8953 1995
Fax: (020) 8953 3029

Elstree Aerodrome
Elstree
Borehamwood
Herts
WD6 3AW

Their Web Link (http://www.interiair.com) appears not to be working at the moment.

[Edited to say that I just did a Companies House search and there is an Interiair Ltd with a registered office in Bristol that was dissolved on 22 Oct 02 - that is the only variant of Interiair registered in UK].

Archard
12th Jul 2003, 21:39
The telephone number and address given above are correct and in 1998 one cushion cost me £20 plus VAT. I presume this was the going rate, although at the same time I did have two crew seats re-trimmed at a cost of £260 plus VAT.

Being based at Elstree I am able to advise that the firm is still going strong despite the results of the Companies House search!

Paul A.

Flyin'Dutch'
13th Jul 2003, 03:46
Hi CB and Paul

Just tried the number and can confirm is indeed still in working order!

I will ring Monday to sort out some new cushions.

Thanks for all your help guys/gals.

FD

Flyin'Dutch'
28th Jun 2005, 15:34
Hi,

Tried ringing them today (okay some jobs take a bit of time to get round to) and only an answerphone.

Are they still making cushions/upholstering?

Does anyone know of a cushion manufacturer/upholsterer closer to the midlands?

KR

FD

Monocock
28th Jun 2005, 19:42
I used a great guy from "Wolverhampton Business Intergalactic Corporate Airtravel Spacepark Halfpenny Green" a couple of years ago.

He charged sensible money for a great job and he reminded me of the guy from Blues Shoes (kid's TV programme).

Sorry I can't help anymore but I also recall that he shared a hangar with the only spray shop on the airfield if that helps.

Oh, and his girlfriend didn't wear a bra....:}

Flyin'Dutch'
29th Jun 2005, 07:56
M,

Thanks for that.

Can see the attraction of going there but it is just on the opposite end of the midlands.

Managed to establish contact with the Elstree outfit. They are now called Air Interior.

Will report back when I have had them made.

FD

LowNSlow
29th Jun 2005, 07:58
Alternatively try Ken Bones on 01462 686613. Does very good work at a reasonable price.

Dan Dare
29th Jun 2005, 13:02
Don't forget to make sure its visco-elastic cussions. Normal ones can cause you more damage in the event of an accident than just plain board, but Dynafoam type substances become more solid under high acceleration so protect your spine (counter intuitive I know). They are also much more comfortable to sit on.

I know that RD in Oxford used to do it. They may be called AFE these days.

cblinton@blueyonder.
29th Jun 2005, 18:38
If any one wants any Interior refurb done drop me a PM:ok: