PDA

View Full Version : Accident North Wales 10 July

Hen Ddraig
11th Jul 2003, 01:02
BBC Wales reporting light aircraft crashed on Elidir Fawr (999 m)shortly after 1400 UTC today. Pilot rescued with only minor injuries.
Alarm was raised when aircraft did not arrive at Caernarfon at planned time.

Time to spare. Go by air.

flower
11th Jul 2003, 01:48
Have just seen this on the news to,
Amazingly the gentleman has survived a Crash Landing on Snowdonia in a Tomahawk with relatively light injuries, he is in transit at this moment via helicopter to Ysbyty Gwnedd

Having seen the weather on the news this is amazing.

A speedy recovery to the gentleman involved and thanks again to our emergency services , The Snowdonia Mountain Rescue team who have stretchered him down the mountain and of course to the Search and Rescue Helicopter Teams

Nice to have a happy outcome on this one :)

Circuit Basher
11th Jul 2003, 02:00
Good news, obviously. Seems like there's another Traumahawk off the run for the forseeable future!!

BBC Report Here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/3056443.stm)

fireflybob
11th Jul 2003, 03:53
A PA38 light aircraft crashed in Snowdonia today. Details:-

Snowdonia Crash (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/3056443.stm)

Zlin526
11th Jul 2003, 04:12
CB,

You must be a fireman...

sugarbird
11th Jul 2003, 04:55
Sadly police released wrong information about the pilot's condition. He is reported tonight to be "critical but stable" with serious head injuries in hospital.

The crash site lies about 2,800 feet agl - rescuers said another few feet he would have missed the mountain. They added that he was lucky to have landed where he did as the site is very close to steep slopes on three sides.

Circuit Basher
11th Jul 2003, 16:26
Fireflybob - you make a remarkably effective echo, with the same web link posted as me!! ;)

Zlin256 - Well, as my name's not Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble or Grub, I failed pre-selection. ;) I always wanted to drive a neenaw, though!!

Sugarbird - :( Sad news - best wishes for a speedy recovery to the pilot.

fireflybob
12th Jul 2003, 00:04
>Fireflybob - you make a remarkably effective echo, with the same web link posted as me!! <

CircuitBasher - that's because I posted on Rumours & News and the moderator moved it to Private Flying which is where I presume you posted but I am quite happy to do a double act if you like!

Best Wishes to the pilot for a speedy recovery.