PDA

View Full Version : Log book

Spikeee
10th Jul 2003, 21:28
hi,
I just passed the PPL skills test a few days ago and wanted to get a new log book and fill it in before i send everything off to the CAA.

I was thinking of getting the Jeppessen European Pilot Log book but was unsure if it will be suitable.

I got the Jeppessen Professional Pilots log book but it has no section for Captain, or where the flight was from/to so if unsuitable for the flying i'm doing at the moment.

Could anyone please tell me whether the Jeppessen European Log book would be suitable and if they know what columns it has.

I've e-mailled Jeppessen but have had no responce twice.

Thanks

Spike

benhurr
10th Jul 2003, 22:09
Well I have never ever ever seen a log book with no section for departure and destination - nor for P1.

Your current flying school will have provided you with an adequate logbook for your PPL, which will have been signed off by your examiner.

I really hope this is a wind up...

Mobieus1
10th Jul 2003, 22:16
Did you buy it at a Car Boot sale??

Spikeee
10th Jul 2003, 23:55
I thought that when i bought it. I was shocked. Its a professional log book so i think they presume your always P1.

Ah i've just looked at it again now. It is that it doesnt have takeoff/land time columns but does have from/to.

The examiner who I had is down at the flying school once a week so i can get the new one signed there.

I liked the look of the Jeppessen European but cant find anyone with one. I paid £30 for the last one so dont really want to pay another £30 if it is unsuitable.

Cheers

Spike

flyingfemme
11th Jul 2003, 03:54
The Jepp logbook is American - they don't generally log takeoff/touchdown times, just time flown. Since it is YOUR logbook, it is assumed that you are logging YOUR times - put the hours in PIC (not P1, thank you) or SIC. If you must write the Captain's name put it in comments. If you are receiving dual then the CFI will sign it off for each flight in the comments section anyway.

Mobieus1
11th Jul 2003, 15:47
Why don't you buy one from Pooleys or Transair? Has all the column you need. Even the CAA one does. All for under a tenner I think

Spikeee
11th Jul 2003, 17:59
ok cheers

Spike

Blind lemon
16th Jul 2003, 17:20
All singing, all dancing logbook for the PPL flyer
try CAP 407. More columns than your average logbook