PDA

View Full Version : GSS GROUNDED?

partyreptile
2nd Jun 2001, 14:54
Whilst slipping Stanstead a couple of days ago a rumor that CAA/DETR will not authorize the newest version of the retired BA flying club (or the Bull Pen as I have heard it called) to operate. Seems that the question of operational control has raised its ugly head. Apparently no one on this side of the pond believes that Atlas will let GSS actually have control. Too bad, that was a brilliant idea.

Captain Airclues
4th Jun 2001, 12:23
About a year ago, a proposal was put to BA World Cargo for a fully British owned company, operating G-reg aircraft to take over the Atlas contract for two 744s. The initial operation would have used ex-BA Pilots, but recruitment of non-BA pilots would have followed. The scheme was fully funded by a major financial institution, and aircraft delivery slots were available from Boeing.
The proposal was rejected by BA World Cargo.

Airclues

WhaleDriver
5th Jun 2001, 22:27
Any solid news on this rumor, ie. press release, ect.

torpedoe
6th Jun 2001, 16:23
I work within BA and all I hear is 'glad words' form the World Cargo dept about their
deal with GSS/Atlas. I'm not shocked by the other thread about layoffs within Atlas as I think the 'mailine Atlas' allowed their management to shove it up them with the Stansted setup. They should count the number of jobs at STN and difference that number with the number of layoffs they currently have. BA World Cargo don't give a stuff about their (Atlas) lay offs as they have this 'cosy' deal going down which also provides a neat watering for some of BA flt ops managers. I refer to a posting I made some time back about individuals making protests to the DETR and I gave the address to write to. Did any of you out there actually write in? I wonder. . .

Beaver Driver
6th Jun 2001, 23:40
Torp
could you post that address again?