PDA

View Full Version : Everybody say 'Ahhh..'

Kolibear
9th Jul 2003, 21:12
Kolibear is not the man I used to be, for last week Mrs K rushed me into our local hospital where they whipped out my appendix. :D

Now, I can't drive for a week and can't fly for a month. :( So I've been sitting in the back garden armed with my airband radio, binoculars and many back-copies of 'Pilot', listening to Southend, Stapleford, Stansted and all the other local frequencies. I can't even go flying with another group member. :{

I've posted a question on the medical forum, but essentially, I've had to inform the CAA who are going to send me a letter temporaily suspending my medical certificate. I then have to send them a letter from the surgeon/GP detailing the surgery and then see my AME in a month to get reinstated. All very painless, unlike the hours before the operation.

So if you are flying north of Billericay, the VRP for Southend, waggle your wings and use your best R/T because I am watching enviously and listening.

See you all at Compton when I will be proud to exhibit my scar!

eveepee
9th Jul 2003, 21:17
Exhibit your scar ? - Heaven forbid :oh:

Get Well Soon Koli :D

In Altissimus
10th Jul 2003, 00:49
In that case Kolibear, my callsign is G-SXTY :ok: :ok: :ok:

Not.

Get well soon.

flower
10th Jul 2003, 04:29
Kolibear,

So sorry to hear you have been unwell :(

Take good care and get well soon

Flower xx
:ok:

DX Wombat
11th Jul 2003, 00:36
Ahhhhh poor Kolibear do try to cope with such hard postoperative conditions. :\ It will end all too soon and you will have to go back to your own fetching, carrying, tea-making etc.

Saab Dastard
11th Jul 2003, 04:28
Kolbear,

Sorry that you can't fly for a while - but it's too hot anyway!

I sympathise, had my appendix out (a fair few) years ago - the anaesthetic came as a blessed relief!

Hope you recover quickly and get back in the eponymous aircraft quickly.

Cheers

SD