PDA

View Full Version : Wash in

Musky1210
9th Jul 2003, 17:01
Hi all,

A quick question for you all!

I am trying to find what aircraft have Wash in incorporated in their design features. And if there are any sites or images i can see that show Wash in!

:confused:

FlyingForFun
9th Jul 2003, 17:25
If you invert an aircraft with wash-out, it would then have wash-in. I think. (* Pause while FFF goes away to draw some pictures, make some models, and convince himself. *) Yep, I still think I'm right on that one. And I'm pretty sure that there must be some aircraft out there with wash-out which are cleared for inverted flight.

Can't think of any reason why anyone would design wash-in into an aircraft, though. Waiting to be proved wrong...

FFF
-------------

QNIM
9th Jul 2003, 17:56
Musky
I wish we could have trainers with just a straight wing so when instructing a stall lesson, it would react like the older types, it would create much better pilots. In answer to your question I believe there is such an animal but can't remember what, sorry. Cheers Q

Mark 1
9th Jul 2003, 19:08
I know of a homebuilt that had this feature, but only on one wing.

After it was repaired for the 2nd flight, both wings had wash-out.

Musky1210
10th Jul 2003, 09:07
Thanks to all who replied,

I know it wasnt one of the best topics to start with, but i Thankyou all very much for replying back to me so quickly.

Its just one of those things, that my understanding of wash in would probably be used on more aerobatic type aircraft to induce a wing drop!

But with that in mind i just can't think of an aerobatic aircraft that has wash in incorparated into the wing!

Once again thanks!

Cheers :D