PDA

View Full Version : YES first solo

deanofs
8th Jul 2003, 07:08
:O :O :O

YES at last first solo, so good I can't believe it...LOVED every bit of it, aeroplane so much better without instructor sat in it :O and a greaser to boot ;) UNBELIEVABLE

with apologies to the x0000 of you already there

Keef
8th Jul 2003, 07:41
WDTM! Nothing quite like it!

Nobody can take that away from you. I still remember mine - I suspect we all do.

Isn't it amazing how much quicker those little aeroplanes go up with only one person aboard!

Circuit Basher
8th Jul 2003, 16:15
No need to apologise - just a few more hours and then you'll be able to push that dead weight out of the RH seat for the majority of your flying!! Congratulations! :ok:

TheKentishFledgling
8th Jul 2003, 17:03
Well done sir!!

Hopefully in a few weeks I can add my name to the x00000 that already have soloed, yourself included!

Nice one!

tKF

Maxflyer
8th Jul 2003, 17:05
Congratulations. I ended up with jaw ache after my first solo! I couldn't stop grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Penguina
8th Jul 2003, 20:11
Nice one, congratulations!

First solo is good, but there is better to come.

Tall_guy_in_a_152
8th Jul 2003, 22:15
Congratulations yet again.

I have to agree with Penguina that it gets even better. The most enjoyable / exciting / challenging / stupid grin inducing flight I have ever done was my Qualifying X-Country. First trip with a passenger also good.

I think I was a bit too stressed to enjoy 1st solo to the max., although I do remember the rate of climb bringing a smile to my face.

gomez
8th Jul 2003, 23:10
I ended up too high turning downwind on my first solo circuit as I hadn't anticipated the increase in climb performance! I must have overshot circuit height by almost 300'. Still grinning like an idiot mind you!

Aussie Andy
8th Jul 2003, 23:18
deanofs - great stuff mate, well done! Congratulate yourself for a job well done... and enjoy the rest of the course... it all just gets better (still takes lots of work though!)

Andy

PeterJfrancis
9th Jul 2003, 04:05
Well done Deanofs !

It's the best feeling in the world .... I did mine 3 weeks ago and I still can't quite believe it ... I have to keep checking the Logbook to make sure !
Congrats

PeterJ

maflsc
9th Jul 2003, 20:06
There is only one thing better than going solo and that is as an instructor or for me as the owner of the school watching my student going solo. For me helping the student go solo is even better than my first solo

Penguina
9th Jul 2003, 20:17
But nerve-racking, I'll be bound, maflsc ?

maflsc
10th Jul 2003, 19:20
That also. The very first student to go solo at my new school was so worked up after he landed and taxied back that when he went to latch the top lock on on my PA28 140 he did not realise his own strength and it went flying across the apron. boy did he turn red.
Lots of bucks and an hour later, aircraft back on line, but bar was open.

Penguina
10th Jul 2003, 19:55
Hee hee, and I thought it was comical that I tried to do the shutdown checks on the main taxiway I was so pumped with adrenalin!