PDA

View Full Version : Munich ILS 26R

hoser90B
3rd Jul 2003, 04:40
Does anyone have any experience with the glideslope of ILS 26R in Munich? I have heard some operators/aircraft have experienced some anomalies. I am trying to do some research to determine if this problem is related to a particular aircraft, day, weather condition etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Captain Stable
3rd Jul 2003, 16:20
Hoser, you could contact the CAA SDAU (Safety Data Analysis Unit) or anyone with access to BASIS (your company's Flight Safety Officer for example) to find out what details are held on this.

BOAC
3rd Jul 2003, 23:20
Hoser - I'll pop this request on the BA forum.

Sick Squid
6th Jul 2003, 05:38
Most of the BA aircraft negotiate 26L at Munich because it's nearer our parking stand (although we are of course vulnerable to the usual German game of "Hide the Runway till the last available minute!")

In general Munich is one of the most amenable destinations in Germany, good facilities, multiple long runways and very efficient ATC. I will have a look on BASIS in work tomorrow though, see if we have any specific reports for 26R. I can remember the AIS for one German destination having reports of "scallops" on the glide for a while, but think that was Stuttgart, not Munich.

Squid

OzExpat
6th Jul 2003, 18:10
Nothing would ever be too much of a problem in that "Bus" of yours would it, SS? :E

BOAC
7th Jul 2003, 02:40
Oz - you're right! scallops on the glide

Seems like they even eat their crew food on finals - us poor 73 drivers are too busy tensing up.:O

Hoser- it would help if you could elucidate on the 'anomalies' you mention. They may NOT show up on BASIS depending on how serious they are.

Preppy
9th Jul 2003, 00:01
Hoser,

I can confirm that the glide path signal radiated ( 26R) on Sunday ( 6 July) was providing a porpoise type of ride, with ROD varying between 400' and 1000' per min, from 9 miles out to about 4 nm. Yes, the autopilots were engaged! A/C type: A319. Wind conditions were relatively calm, so the problem was reported to ATC.

I understand that a calibration aircraft was due to check out the ILS the following day.

Cheers, Preppy

hoser90B
9th Jul 2003, 00:09
Preppy,

Thanks for the information. This is exactly what I am looking for. Any reports, good, bad or indifferent are greatly appreciated.

Hoser90b

BOAC,

You can probably guess I work for a particular manufacturer. I have been specifically "vague" to avoid affecting replies that may be posted. While we are working on our problem and solutions I wanted to get some inputs from the "real (?) world"

Hoser

BOAC
9th Jul 2003, 06:09
'Roger' Hoser! I hope you have had some feedback from our BA members?

hoser90B
9th Jul 2003, 22:04
BOAC,

No other info than posted here.

Hoser

Ignition Override
14th Jul 2003, 13:07
Preppy: Just out of curiosity, but are there companies whose check airmen do not encourage pilots to click off the autopilot(s) when ILS or VOR etc signal interference happens, or an airplane does not fly the expected manuevers as planned?

Lucky Angel
15th Jul 2003, 16:46
I have experienced the same problem with the glideslope on 26R with VS going up and down beteween 400-1000ft/min with no apparent reason. One of the times the ride became very uncomfortable and i just took the autopilot out and continued visually. When we landed we told the controller but the answer we got was only that he would report it. No news on it. I guess next time i will file an ASR and let the company deal with it.

crj-jockey
22nd Jul 2003, 06:09
Hi,

I am based at MUC and the 26R GS-problem is well known there. Meanwhile, on my fleet autocoupled approaches to 26R are forbidden, due to the already mentioned sometimes unstable GS-signal.
We had a lot of vertical slalom approaches there in the past
:yuk:
There are ivestigastions in progress for at least 10 months now. Havenīt heart of any results yet.