PDA

View Full Version : CHC OZ the preferred tenderer for RAAF SAR

trimpot
2nd Jul 2003, 20:05
I can't believe that there has been no mention yet (even given my hint in another post) so here goes. CHC Australia is the preferred tenderer for the RAAF SAR contract. Haven't got all the details yet but it looks like a 10 year contract with 2x2year options. That's 14 years all up, if they keep their noses clean. It will involve 7-8 helos depending on the load. Congrats to all the crews. You know where to go for those loans!:ok: ;)

High Nr
2nd Jul 2003, 22:25
Mmmmm, I know you and that is misleading.

Unless you are related to Mr Hill [which I doudt]........then you are out of line.

However CHC Oz. Do win many contracts by default......

Being 100% owned by Canadians [yes 100%, Zero Oz ownership] ....if Hill gives this contract away......he will indeed be unemployed.

I heard that the Oz Army were interested........now that would save the $$$ going to Canada.

Cyclic Hotline
2nd Jul 2003, 23:04
100% owned by Canadians?

I always thought they were a publicly traded company listed on the New York Stock Exchange! :ouch:

High Nr
2nd Jul 2003, 23:21
St Johns , Nova Scotia, Canada, 100%.

Cyclic Hotline
3rd Jul 2003, 00:11
Really High Nr? :confused:

Perhaps you could point me to the source of this information, as I am definitely out of the loop on this one! :oh:

IHL
3rd Jul 2003, 00:15
Actually it's St. John's Newfoundland.

CHC is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. I'm not sure about New York.

Watchoutbelow
3rd Jul 2003, 00:40
Yeah, traded on NYSE, ticker name FLI, havn't being doing to badly since April by the looks of the charts.

http://quotes.nasdaq.com/asp/summaryquote.asp?symbol=FLI%60&selected=FLI%60

trimpot
3rd Jul 2003, 08:01
High Nr

I don't know you so feel free to send me a private message and tell me if you like. You might also explain why my post was "misleading" and "out of line", is it just because you don't like the news? This is the "rumour network" after all. You could also tell me if my post was more or less out of line that you unsubstantiated (and rather vulgar) allegation of fuel misappropriation.
I didn't say that they had won the contract (but I'm sure they will) I said they were the preferred tenderer. As far as you "hearing", or was it "making up", that the Oz Army is interested, well maybe they should have put a tender in! No disrespect to the Army, but they are heavily commited at the moment without having to allocate crews and machines to RAAF SAR. The cost civies doing RAAF SAR is about 1/3 the cost of the military doing it themselves, so how much will we save?
You go ahead and continue your CHC bashing if you like, I'm just happy for the crews, aren't you??? :confused:

helmet fire
3rd Jul 2003, 17:29
did CHC actually have competition this time around?

MaxNg
3rd Jul 2003, 21:43
Trimpot

Any Idea as to how many aircraft and locations this contract needs

Huron Topp
3rd Jul 2003, 21:51
I'd be mighty surprised if CHC had any competition. I tried to convince our guys, but they felt it was like hitting their heads against the wall.

KelpieX
4th Jul 2003, 01:06
You would expect CHC to win this contract by default, sometimes it very hard to compete against what appears to be a monopoly.

The Trotter will be rolling around his now safe mire, dreaming of all the profit. Maybe now he should settle the CHC Pilots EBA and give them some crumbs from the shareholders ever bulging purse.

winchop
4th Jul 2003, 08:42
:confused:

To High Nr and all the other CHC knockers out there..

So what if CHC is foreign owned? What about the fact it still employs the 250 plus people who worked for Lloyd Helicopters. The only change has been the name and logo on the flight suit! Every single person in the company and in head office in Adelaide are 100% Australian. The Cannucks leave them alone to do the job and do not interfere.

As for the Army being interested in the contract, who told you that, some guy down the pub?? The Army have no interest in the SAR contract, the only relationship they have with SAR for the RAAF is the Combat SAR role that the SF Squadron hold during wartime. How would getting the Army to hold SAR save money?? Buying more US$18 million Blackhawks to service the contract is saving money?? The Army have trouble filling aircrew and maintainence positions as it is. 5th Aviation Regiment is the 2nd busiest unit in the ADF. You need to stop listening to your drinking mates down the pub and get the facts.

And no, there wasn't any serious local competition, as not many operators here can find (and afford) seven auto-hover S-76 helicopters plus crews.

Why should the Defence Minister lose his job because he awarded a defence contract to a foreign owned company? Wake up dreamer, most defence contracts are to foreign companies, it's not a new concept!

And yes, KelpieX, the powers that be have no more excuses with the pilot eba now! Also the upcoming crewman eba is looking good :ok:

Yes Trimpot, your facts are correct, aircraft at their current bases will remain the same, except for Tindal will get an auto-hover machine to replace their plain vanilla machine. Aircraft types will stay the same, they want more spare aircraft for deployments though. ARDU will get a machine for three months a year for deployments to Woomera. Yes you are right about contract length, 10 years plus 2x2 year options..:cool:

clearance
6th Jul 2003, 20:44
Trimpot - Preferred tenderer indeed!

High Nr - You have no idea... Quote "However CHC Oz. Do win many contracts by default......" Unquote. Can you name any!

winchop - Seven Auto-Hovers? Really? where did you pick up that bit of intel from?

:cool:

High Nr
6th Jul 2003, 22:37
There are at least three creditable players in the RAAF SAR Contract, all with sufficient resources to invest the necessary capital.
If you are close to this industry, they are all very identifiable.

And the crews??? they will desert CHC, as did they desert the NSCA when they crashed, so there is no great shortage of skill levels.
In any case the new aircraft manufactures all have nice simulators to train new crews onto their new machines, so there is no protection in anyone thinking that existing crews are weighted against the $$$ of any contract.

I have heard this around the traps, and when you think about it, it makes one think.
What do RAAF SAR aircraft do?. Considering that its been years, maybe 10??? since someone actually actively "saved" an ejected RAAF pilot. Great, at around AUS$10,000,000 / year thats some service.
The comment about the Army guys was tongue in cheek, however the Civil SAR Guys could be called to any [one every 10 years] RAAF emergency, just like the Civil SAR/EMS respond to every other Australian Emergency.

Sooner or later some polly has to ask that question.

By the way, one of those three contenders [maybe more than three] is an Australian Company.

Too Cloudy
7th Jul 2003, 06:00
Clearance,

asked to name one contract CHC won by default....let me see, the VIC Police was a good example.

Nigel Osborn
7th Jul 2003, 07:56
Interesting points raised by both Clearance and Trimpot, who, trust me, are "in the know"!!
Rereading the RAAF tender, no specific number of helicopters are called for, just the requirement for 95% availability and 5 mins to launch at the 4 RAAF bases at East Sale, Williamtown, Tindal and Pearce with ad hoc requests for ops up to 6 weeks per year for 4 deployments at Edinburgh and Woomera. As already stated, it is for 10 years with 2+2 years extension options.
Although Lloyds/CHC have done this since the council folded in 1989, surely with such a lucrative contract there must be other all Aussie companies capable of responding?:sad:

winchop
7th Jul 2003, 12:18
My mistake, not seven auto-hover machines total, seven machines total. One extra auto-hover machine and one extra deployment machine to cover extra trips away including the extra SA commitments. Yes, the contract didn't stipulate seven a/c, that was what was worked out to be the number required to meet all the commitments.

If High Nr read a newspaper once in awhile, he would know that there have been quite a few military pilot rescues in the last 10 years. One not long ago when a RNZAF Skyhawk pilot punched out 90 nm off the WA coast. No civilian EMS aircraft existed in WA that could have done the job. The auto-hover machines also conduct many AUSsar tasks, such as overwater night winch rescues that can't be done by any other helo outside the military in this country. You can't tell me the Australian taxpayer doesn't get their money's worth!

Also, you can't expect civilan EMS helos to be available the moment you need one for when I pilot does eject. They are invariably busy on other tasks. Also, a lot of military flying is conducted in locations far away from EMS helo territory, eg. Tindal.

As for crews 'deserting' CHC, the word you were really looking for was 'redundancy'.

In the end, it doesn't matter what company wins or loses the contract, or what company is Australian or foreign owned. What does matter is the fact that all the SAR crews on this contract are Aussies, with Aussie families! :ok:

...Well, the odd one might have a pommy wife....;)

trimpot
7th Jul 2003, 12:41
A few points...

Too Cloudy - The Vic Police contract was initially won by someone else. Unfortunatly or fortunatly depending on you point of view they could not come up with the goods for the price they had tendered at. The contract then fell to CHC who could (and did) supply the machinery for the price they tendered at.

High Nr - there are many incorrect statements in you posts but I will focus on one in particular. The crews that left the NSCA did not do so by choice, they left because they had no choice! In fact all of the people I know who are ex-NSCA (and there are quite a few as I am ex-NSCA myself) would be still working there if they could. As for the crews departing CHC, I think that you might find that people will be fighting tooth and nail to stay if, and it's a very big if, CHC don't win the RAAF SAR contract. Most of the crews are high on the seniority list and will hardly want to start with a new company on the bottom of the list.:p

Steve76
7th Jul 2003, 13:28
So!
10yrs times 180hrs flying a year which is 50/50 shared with the cojoe = 900hrs hands on after 10yrs.

Less the straight and level which usually exceeds 50% of the flying and may be done couples to the sperry = 450hrs

Less the couple of calls in 10yrs that the doppler handles = 449hrs

Less the training for the couple of calls = 400hrs

Less the IFR and NVFR training on autopilot = 350hrs.

Have I forgotten any?
350hrs hands on (being rather liberal eh!) for one decades work....
Sounds cushy! where do I sign up ;)

:}

....aahhh... come on mates .... just having a giggle :ok:

Too Cloudy
7th Jul 2003, 13:57
Trimpot,

Small correction required. The Bendigo and LTV contract was initially won by Noris DInan. CHC then picked it up for various reasons that have discussed here before. CHC won the PAW contract back in the late nineties when I was still there. They are currently in the "option" stage of the contract which I believe runs out in 2006.

And you are quite right...we didn't leave the NSCA by choice did we!!!!!!:ok:

trimpot
7th Jul 2003, 16:31
Too Cloudy - you are quite correct, my apologies:ooh:

High Nr
7th Jul 2003, 18:47
The statement I made, or should I say the question I possed, was how many RAAF Pilots have ejected in the last 10 years.

I understand that highly trained and under utilised crews are a frustrated lot, which is becoming obvious.

I don't care either which company wins, as long as its Aussie owned.

But the question remains unanswered - how many RAAF Pilots have been saved [not reach, but life saved] for AUS$100,000,000??

And the police BK was in Perth, and could go 90 nm and a simple winch. Not sure why it did'nt go, bet no one wanted to ask.

clearance
7th Jul 2003, 20:36
High Nr: - Re the NSCA, How does one desert a company when there is no company?? Also, you obviously dont know why the WA Police Airwing could NOT go out and rescue the A4 pilot? along with any other operator (and no it was not because they were U/S). By the way this is not meant to be offend any other operator it's simply to say that there are certain procedures that other companies are not required to perform.

Regarding 'Aussie Company' How many Defence contracts are operated by Australian owned companies, Not many.

Also, Do you know the cost of the military providing their own SAR, go and do the numbers... as a taxpayer I'm glad that the government has saved money using a contractor, better still one that employe's Aussie's :-)

Too Cloudy: - Re your other post "Clearance,
asked to name one contract CHC won by default....let me see, the VIC Police was a good example". I then read your post that said "CHC won the PAW contract back in the late nineties when I was still there. They are currently in the "option" stage of the contract which I believe runs out in 2006", Par-lease, I'm now offically confussed! Just on the MAS contract - Noris Dinan defaulted on the contract, the other companies were asked to re-tender, Noris was not asked!... CHC along with the other operators re-tendered and the rest is history.

:E

High Nr
7th Jul 2003, 21:16
Why is it so hard to get a direct answer?

But the question remains unanswered - how many RAAF Pilots have been saved [not reach, but life saved] for AUS$100,000,000??

trimpot
7th Jul 2003, 22:02
High Nr

Sometimes it's hard to get an answer to a stupid question. By your logic why would you parachute with one of those expensive reserve parachutes, I mean, how often do they get used and they do cost rather a lot of money. Well ask any parachutist if he/she would like to jump without a reserve, oh and while your at it ask some of those knuckleheads how they would like to fly those very noisy jets with no SAR coverage.

That reminds me, must remove those airbags from the car, what if one goes off, could cost me a fortune!:hmm:

High Nr
8th Jul 2003, 22:15
Years and years ago in another life.........dressed in a greenbag with a 350 visible outside SAR Flights window, we actually did some work.
Albeit, the 350 was a bit limited, however the Atars kept us busy.....but now with the F404's, your life is just a breeze [or bore].

So back off mate....your life may be wrapped up to tightly in what you think is important, but many have been there before, and sooner or later "we" all realise its a wasted task.

And the Knucks.....they will do exactly as they are ordered, and their viewpoint doesn't reach Canberra.....theres no Trade Union or EBA there.

wineboy
9th Jul 2003, 14:12
High Nr: Flying a desk now are we?

"Years and years dressed in a green bag with a 350 visable outside SAR Flights window"

I've heard it all what a pathetic argument. The fact YOU did Sar however many years ago with the 350's is like doing RPT in a Robbie! I am well aware that you had 350's as Sar machines in the old Sar flight and I guess by the fact that the Defence force went out and gave it to a contractor to provide full sar coverage is testament to your effectivness.

No High Nr, you have not been there before, you just think you have! ;)

PS: I say well done to the CHC guys best of luck over the next ten years and also the next 5 at Jandakot I'll be keep an eye out for you when next you fly over City Beach:ok:

Red Wine
9th Jul 2003, 16:24
There are a few points that need to be straightened a little.

The Military did not give the contract to the Civil Industry due to their inability to undertake the task. Mr John Fredericks from the defunct NSCA was instrumental in offering the Military a service far in excess of the Mils capacity....and at a super discounted price. But that is another story in itself.

Once the kid has the lollipop try to take it away again!!!

At the same time, the "Powers To Be" decided that the Army should control their own helicopters, which makes perfect sense.
Therefore that left the Air Force with only a handful of aging small machines that were spread out at the various RAAF Bases, common sense then suggested that why spend money on introducing a Non Military capable asset for SAR???...the rest is history.

Trimpot and Wineboy, we are running a Human Factors Course in September, are you interested in attending?:ooh:

straitman
9th Jul 2003, 19:54
I've heard it all what a pathetic argument. The fact YOU did Sar however many years ago with the 350's is like doing RPT in a Robbie! I am well aware that you had 350's as Sar machines in the old Sar flight and I guess by the fact that the Defence force went out and gave it to a contractor to provide full sar coverage is testament to your effectivness.

And before there were cars, people got around on horses! :mad:

Does this mean that people who rode horses were pathetic? :=

Remember that when the SAR contracts were first let to the "civvies" that the a/c of choice was a B212 which had little more capability than the pre 350 days a/c. i.e. the Huey.

It's not pathetic, it's called progress and using your resources to the maximum. (The resource in this case being $$$$):cool:

clearance
10th Jul 2003, 14:13
Remember that when the SAR contracts were first let to the "civvies" that the a/c of choice was a B212 which had little more capability than the pre 350 days a/c. i.e. the Huey.

Not so - In fact, they were fitted with a basic auto-hover system called a Louis Newmark - LN-450 and a GNS-500 RNAV, SCAS, Bendix Wx Radar.

Whilst very out dated now, not bad for a 'civvy' out fit then.

Clearance.

straitman
10th Jul 2003, 16:29
Not so - In fact, they were fitted with a basic auto-hover system called a Louis Newmark - LN-450 and a GNS-500 RNAV, SCAS, Bendix Wx Radar.

As I said not a big improvement over the Huey!!!!!!!!! (Just Kidding) Thanks for the correction. :O

Did the 212's ever do any actual rescues or see any action?

Ascend Charlie
10th Jul 2003, 17:51
For those who scoff at a 212, remember that for the most part they replaced B-model Iroquois. These aircraft were fitted with the following navaids and hovering equipment:
1. Single ADF
2. FM homing
3. Nothing else
4. Still nothing else
5. Ditto
6. More of the above
7. Same as points 1 to 6.
8. See point 7

Pretty bluddy basic, and when you are 30 miles out to sea in a gale with 300' cloudbase looking for three idiots in a sinking yacht, you feel a bit vulnerable. Specially when you find them in a raft, and there are 6 of them, and you already have a crew of four on board, and there are only 3 seats spare. And when they have all been hoisted aboard, and you get them back to Willy, they trot off to a press conference, and don't even say thank you...

A 212 is a huge improvement, and a 412 or 76 is nirvana.:p

straitman
10th Jul 2003, 18:50
A 212 is a huge improvement, and a 412 or 76 is nirvana. :}

Your comments just show how good the 'B' model was!
Personally I prefered the 'H' model over the 212 and all of them over the 412!!!!

Then again the 76 just leaves them all for dead :E

trimpot
18th Jul 2003, 20:24
Back off holidays now, sorry about the delay.

High Nr

For someone who has had all of their arguments shot down in flames I suppose the last resort is to tell me to "back off" (or run away and tell your mummy). SAR in a 350? and you think the present contract is a waste of time!! For what it's worth, I no longer work for CHC and as such I don't think I'm to "tightly wrapped" in the task they perform. I do, however, object to Know-it-alls pontificating when they really know f--kall about the contract and what the crews actually do.

I also question you notion of what is important and what is not. If you are flying people around Ayres Rock or flying a media crew to a flower show in Burke is that a waste of time? Not if you are the pilot or the crew! As Clearance pointed out, you are probably flying a desk right now. Are you? If you are, who's task is really wasted? By the way you still haven't sent me a private message.

Straightman

God bless the venerable old 212. The old girl particpated in many, many rescues and was well before it's time in regards to over-water-at-night capability. As far as comparing it to the huey I just don't think it's fare. They are both venerable old work horses that should be allowed to die gracefully (BUT given the choice I'll take the 212 with all the fruit thanks!).

Nigel Osborn
19th Jul 2003, 07:40
Hi Big Boy
I thought life was always one big holiday for you!!! Give a hug to your 3 girls for me.

And yes, the 212 as well as the 76 did go to some RAAF rescues. Unfortunately the Macchi pilot we picked up out of the sea in a 212 was already dead before he hit the water. However I'm sure his family appreciated having him brought back home.

High Nr
19th Jul 2003, 11:12
Your obviously a retired crewperson, Mr Trimpot.

In fact I was quite involved in the Civil Contract when I worked in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.

One thing that must always be asked and answered, particularly when other people's money is being spent, is valve for money.

The question that was asked and still remains unanswered, and is fundamentally central to the issue being discussed.

What return has the RAAF received for spending over 100 million dollars????

Any of their assets saved?
Any Airmen saved?
Any invaders repelled?

We all know the correct answer, even thou you seem to have trouble with the answer, or can't spell ZERO.

maintranschip
19th Jul 2003, 13:45
HighNr I really don't understand why you have such a huge chip on your shoulder, or is it just a windup, or are you a competitor who lost out in the past? Either way you seem very bitter. Any SAR / EMS type asset is there as a "just in case". Some are far busier than others and some also have secondary duties i.e. not just doing standby (CHC). You can bet your bottom dollar that as soon as an asset like that is disposed of, it will be required. Are you going to make the decision to get rid of them and then face the grieving relatives of the next ejectee who drowns because no one was there to pick him up? I get the impression you are ex military, how much value for money have they been, how many invaders have they repelled? - as you put it. Hard to put a value on I suggest.

trimpot
20th Jul 2003, 16:03
Well it doesn't really matter what I think,and it really doesn't matter what you think, High Nr. What really matters is what the RAAF think, and it would seem that they think that they are getting good value for money because, not only have they kept with CHC, they have increased the size of the contract! Also, I don't know where you got the figure of $100 million from, but I would have thought that the use of 8 helicopters (five of which are autohover) and all the crews, engineering, ect for 14 years is really quite cheap. Less that $900,000 per year per machine. As for ZERO value, well I personally stretcher winched two Macchi pilots out of the bush, both of whom had vertabra fractures, both of whom went back flying. Do I think the contract is value for money, you bet I do, but as I said at the start, what I think really doesn't matter does it?;)

Assets saved? Invaders repelled? Not in the tender, that would have cost more:E

Hi Nigel, the girls are great, hope all's well with you:ok:

Sarbe
22nd Jul 2003, 08:30
Trimpot- 1, High Nr- 0

High Nr
Time to lay all that bitterness to rest old son, dust off the plaques and remember the good old days. Autohover all singing all dancing machines are what does the job now, and they have done a number of rescues that other machines can't do. civvy or military? who cares, value for money? you tell me the price you are prepared to pay if your wife, son, grandchild is floating in the ocean at night, be it from a sunken yacht or banging out of a jet- mute point.:O

Trimpot- 1, High Nr- 0

High Nr
Time to lay all that bitterness to rest old son, dust off the plaques and remember the good old days. Autohover all singing all dancing machines are what does the job now, and they have done a number of rescues that other machines can't do. civvy or military? who cares, value for money? you tell me the price you are prepared to pay if your wife, son, grandchild is floating in the ocean at night, be it from a sunken yacht or banging out of a jet- mute point.:O :ok:

Trimpot- 1, High Nr- 0

High Nr
Time to lay all that bitterness to rest old son, dust off the plaques and remember the good old days. Autohover all singing all dancing machines are what does the job now, and they have done a number of rescues that other machines can't do. civvy or military? who cares, value for money? you tell me the price you are prepared to pay if your wife, son, grandchild is floating in the ocean at night, be it from a sunken yacht or banging out of a jet- mute point.:O :ok:

Autorotate
22nd Jul 2003, 09:41
Its been interesting watching this thread go off track, on track and abck and forth. I for one think having the asset there when needed is of great benefit, whether it is used or not. Its like forking out the money for fire fighting helicopters. Pollies say we didnt have a bad fire season this year so no need to rent the big toys, but sure enough when the **** hits the fan everyone, including that pollie will be asking why they didnt have the assets.

The bottom line question seeems to be were any lives saved by the SAR aircraft. In reality the chances of them having a direct involvement in this happening are probably slim to none, unless of course they are right there when the pilot punches out. As someone mentioned they have picked two Macchi pilots out of the bush, now had they been left there until ground crews got there, then they might not have survived. In my opinion those two lives saved were worth ten years worth of costs. Heck if you save one life its worth it. Not everyone is grateful for the jobs SAR crews perform.

I have visited Sale and Willytown a couple of times and the crews impressed me. And the most important thing is the fighter jocks appreciated having them there. Now isnt that who they are there to look after??.

One thing I also cant see the point of arguing about is whether it should be civil or military doing the SAR work. Shouldnt the civil industry be thankful that they have it, doesnt really matter who gets it, as long as its civil infustry benefits. If the RAAF or any other military wants to spend their tax dollars on that, then so be it, their decision and one that I applaud. It allows the civil industry to expand and give more younger pilots a path to gaining those hours. Yes CHC may be owned by overseas interests but I for one havent seen any non aussies flying their machines and management, from Ian McBeath down, from my understanding are all Aussies anyway.

Now having a SAR helicopter on standby should you need it is a great comfort for those jet guys and I know that for a fact. I was unlucky enough to be involved in a midair while flying in an F-16 in the Gulf of Mexico with a USAF unit from Homestead AFB in Florida. Now the aircraft we hit was not as lucky as us, even though we had major damage and limped back to Homestead, and the pilot punched out at 6500ft about 100 miles from the keys. A Coastguard HH65 was scrambled and Dennis was only in the water for about 40 mins. Now his raft didnt inflate properly so it was U/S, and there were sharks everywhere. His comments were that he has never been so happy in his life to see that Orange HH65 heading his way and the rescue swimmer in the water beside him. To me that highlights what SAR is all about. The one time they were needed, they were right there and saved his life, especially when he had suffered minor spinal damage.

Had that been a Hornet or Macchi pilot from Willytown or a PC-9 guy from Sale then I can guarantee the pilots thoughts would have been the same, and can you really put a price on anyones life. What if that had been your son or daughter in that position. Whats more important, their life or saving a few tax dollars.

So is the asset the RAAF have worth the money - Hell Yes.

Is it Needed - Hell Yes.

Just my two cents worth.

:E

crusty scab
24th Jul 2003, 20:52
G'day Trimpot,

I'm pretty new to this after just one a brief go earlier in the year. Anyway, here's my two cents worth...

High Nr obviously dosn't like you, or your former company... and possibly civilians for that matter. But the fact is, for well over a decade they have been doing a reasonable job and the ADF have been happy to renew their contract - more than once - after a lengthy tendering process.

But to hopefully put his doubts to rest you could have informed him of the following:

1. PC-9 driver collapsed at the controls - transported to medical facility.
2. S2-11 driver ground loop on first dolo, gear collapse - transported to medical facility.
3. S2-11 driver hopped out in the circuit - transported to medical facility.
4. 2 x Macci midair hop out - transported to medical facility.
5. A-4 Skyhawk Indian ocean swimming lesson - transported to medical facility (close to 100nm from base - stetcher evacuated from water, in hospital 2 hrs after ejection).
6. USAF Hornet driver who used 'Willy' nitesun for emergency landing- very gratefull!
7. Survivors pulled from the water at night using autohover.
8. Countless seamen attended to by RAAF medical crews transported and winched by CHC RAAF rescue S76.
9 Numerous flood relief operations undertaken to 'assist the comunity' by RAAF assets operated by civilians.
10. RAAF assists to state police, etc. etc. etc...

Now although these arent all cases of 'repelling invaders' and 'saving assets' I would suggest that to the individuals concerned, the ADF's policy of having a cost-efective and state-of the-art autohover SAR bird is worth every penny.

Just my view, but as I said, probably not one shared by High Nr.

PS: How's the 'tent' sales going?

pitchlink
27th Jul 2003, 04:51
Debating contracts may all be well and good, but the $64,000 question is:-

ARE THERE ANY JOBS GOING AS A RESULT???!!!

winchop
27th Jul 2003, 16:21
Pitch Link

CHC are always looking for pilots, engineers and crewmen. Call CHC Head Office in Adelaide 08 83727700. Talk to the Resource Manager Craig Barraclough.:ok:

trimpot
26th Feb 2004, 11:24
Hate to say I told you so BUT the contract was signed today between the RAAF and CHC. CHC's biggest contract ever I'm lead to believe. :p

Nigel Osborn
26th Feb 2004, 12:33
That's good news, Big Son.
Wonder if they will need some mature aged casuals. The government doesn't want us to retire too young.:O

26th Feb 2004, 16:10
Nigel , good point - do you think they would be interested in a Brit Mil, 6000 hour, SAR QHI - average mileage, one careful owner, never raced or rallied!

200psi
27th Feb 2004, 12:21
Nigel, "Mature age casuals" dont you mean fossils. Too Harsh? :D

maintranschip
27th Feb 2004, 12:44
Harsh, but fair.!!
Crab, there's a bit of a queue generally, but this is a continuation of a current contract so I don't fancy your chances.

clearance
28th Feb 2004, 19:03
CHC's biggest contract ever I'm lead to believe.

Trimpot... You're right again! It is the largest contract won by the CHC team. A good effort by all.

PS: Nig, since when have you retired???

Clearance:ok: