PDA

View Full Version : SIA accept pay cut

mk1eyeball
1st Jul 2003, 19:18
according to newspapers in singapore SIA pilots have accepted a paycut from july/03 of 16.5% for captains and 11% for f/o's.
they also have to take 2 days unpaid leave per month(24 per yr).
if SIA make $500 million profit cuts will be returned in full.
local analysts g.k.goh estimate max profit possible is $300 million.
looks like they will be stuck with the pay cut then.
dont alpa-s do any research????

twitchy
2nd Jul 2003, 09:45
Hey eyeball,

There is a catch is the restoring the pay cuts. See once you take the pay cuts your basic salary + allowances drops down by 16.5%. Add 2 days of No pay Leave a month will be equal to another 6.66% of pay + allowances cut per month. So totally you are getting acut of 23.16%.

Now when the SIA makes profits of 500 million dollars, it will give a lump sum payment of an amount equal to the pay cut. The agreement no where say that SIA will restore your basic salary to original level. So if your basic salary is not restored to original, the 13th month pay and any future bonus if ever will be at the reduced basic pay.

I think ALPA-S executives have no brains, why the hell were they fighting in the first place, they should have accepted with dignity whatever cuts were being imposed by SIA and be martyrs like cabin crew. I think now the pilots have got a bigger bamboo up their A**. Management got what they wanted, in future collective agreements Alpa-s will keep negotiating how to restore the basic at 30 June 2003 level. Forget about any pay rise in the years to come for SIA pilots

I fail to understand why people agitate in this country which is ruled by a so called democratically elected dictatorship government . Bleak future ahead for you guys in ALPA-S