PDA

View Full Version : B744 Honeywell FMC info

Razor
6th Nov 2000, 14:48
Anyone out there got any good links/guides/tips for the B744 Honeywell FMC? A "good guts" guide with some of the tricks and tips for getting the best out of it is what I'm after.
Thanx in advance

------------------
Never fly in anything that has the wings travelling faster than the fuselage. Like a helicopter.

QAVION
6th Nov 2000, 18:08
"Anyone out there got any good links/guides/tips for the B744 Honeywell FMC?"

If you ask nicely, Honeywell might send you lots of cheap notes on this subject. Also, and highly recommented, is the Big Boeing FMC Users Guide by Bill Bulfer and Skeet Gifford.

ref http://www.firstnethou.com/fmcman/

Rgds.
Q.

BoxProf
8th Nov 2000, 01:23
Razor,
I second Qavion's recommendation of the Big Boeing User's Guide. Not something you want to use when you are first learning the "box", but definitely good reading once you are in the seat. The authors will give you an example clearance, and then justify why their way to skin the cat is better than the other 5 options.

If you can find a way to get a software copy of a program called AEROSIM, that is a pretty decent interactive program that allows you to fly the airplane using the MCP and FMS. We use it to help bring students up to speed before they hit the sim. Good results. - BoxProf

Razor
8th Nov 2000, 11:32
Got one on order!
thanks for your help.
I also have a program by Aerowinx called PS1.3 B744 simulator - not too bad at all.

------------------
Never fly in anything that has the wings travelling faster than the fuselage. Like a helicopter.