PDA

View Full Version : Monarch's internet booking system

Dantruck
27th Jun 2003, 00:12
Why does it never seem to work...or am I the only one having problems?

Dantruck

Jetdriver
27th Jun 2003, 10:02
I just tried it and it is working fine. What problems are you experiencing ?

Dantruck
27th Jun 2003, 21:10
First time I tried to make a booking the system was down. I flew easyjet instead. The second time - some weeks later - Monarch's system crashed having fed in all my data and got to the 'confirmation' stage. tried it again a few moments later and kept getting error messages. Again, I booked immediately with easyjet no problemo.
Yesterday, I once again fed in all my data only for my 'confirmation' request to time-out as I waited for Monarch's computer to respond. I Tried again immediately, only to get a 'booking system not available' message.
easyJet once more beckoned, but instead I sent Monarch an email asking that they look into things. I also started this post while I gave Monarch an hour to reboot. I've heard they're much better to fly with than easyJet (Malaga-Luton route) and I genuinely want to give them a try.
The hour having passed I tried again. After a few attempts I managed to make the booking...Yippee...and at two thirds the easyjet price! So on Tuesday I'll learn whether my effort has been worth it. Strangely, however, the 'speedy booking' code the confirmation page assured me was 'above' wasn't there, so next time it seems I'll still have to enter all my personal details again.
Still say easyJet's booking system is more slick.
Computers! Don't ya just love 'em!

longarm
4th Jul 2003, 16:28
Try picking up a telephone and speaking to a human (01582) 400000, they don't bite. And yes its a lot better than EZY !

TightSlot
6th Jul 2003, 14:42
Mr Truck

My parents use Monarch to commute to and from Spain - They have retired out there. I use Monarch to visit them sometimes.

Just wanted to endorse longarm - Monarch are streets ahead of EZ, so if you get the choice, go for it. Monarch are also frequently cheaper, and certainly more reliable with better trained, and managed staff. Never forget that the term "Low Cost Carrier" refers to the way that the airline is run, not the level of fare that you pay.

I always web book for the ZB's, without difficulty - suggest that the problem may be at your browser end rather than the other end? Apologies if I'm wrong.

Dantruck
11th Jul 2003, 02:32
Well, it must just have been gremlins at work.

Just completed a Malaga-Luton-Malaga round trip and can report it was great...far better than sleazyJet, and a good deal cheaper on the fare price, too.

Got assigned seating, a bigger, more roomy aircraft, much friendlier staff who bothered to think about what they were doing and how they might actually help, a piping hot meal, two drinks, music/video...all so much more civilised.

I have compared other prices on this route and again Monarch is cheaper 95% of the time. easyJet's website is more slick, but I'm beginning to think that as an airline it's starting to lose the plot.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Dantruck