PDA

View Full Version : Erj & Crj

flynverted
26th Jun 2003, 17:23
What's the easiest way to distinguish the two from each other....?They both look the same to me... :hmm:

Geardownandlocked
26th Jun 2003, 17:58
Well, one thing is the pointier nose on the Erj, another is the difference in engines. Crj engines look differently in that on the outside they look as if made of two separate parts, whereas the Erj engines seem to be made of one large part...

Besides this, just compare two pictures for a while, and you'll notice the overall general difference in looks. They are both very beautiful though...ESPECIALLY the CRJ!!!!!

Good luck! :D

CR2
26th Jun 2003, 18:05
Look at the engines and the wing tips. The CRJ "appears" to have bigger engines, it also has winglets. The nose is also a different shape.

Have a look on airliners.net here (http://www.airliners.net)

Do a search and see what you can find. The ones I've just mentioned seem the most obvious to me.

LGW Vulture
26th Jun 2003, 21:09
Think of an elongated Challenger...that'll be the CRJ. :)

Speedbird252
27th Jun 2003, 05:52
agree, if you grabbed a CRJ by its tail and nose and streched it a bit youd get a ERJ, definately sleeker looking.

Flew on a Air France CRJ yesterday from EGHI to LFPG and boy do they climb, went up like a rocket.

Speedy

:ok:

Knold
27th Jun 2003, 08:55
Wider body on the CRJ.

If you are uncertain, the winglets are probably the best give away like CR2 wrote

Golf Charlie Charlie
27th Jun 2003, 10:26
Be aware, however, that a few ERJ-145s do have winglets, for long-range sectors. Continental have a few of these. But they're quite rare, and I'd say the presence or absence of winglets is the first major distinguishing factor, along with engine position - when you 'get it', the two types are pretty easy to distinguish apart.

FlightDetent
27th Jun 2003, 14:37
The CRJ's windows look rectangular.

Knold
27th Jun 2003, 17:34
So does the windows on the ERJ