PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Question

747Dryvr
30th Oct 2000, 05:59
Is it true the Airbus does not have trim.

Jim lovell
30th Oct 2000, 09:48
An aircraft that has no trim?? is there any such thing??? Airbuses DO have trim only not in the same sense as Boeings etc do. I believe it's automatic trim in the A320/A330/A340-i.e you select the attitude you want with the sidestick and the trim wheel moves automatically to trim it to that position, i don't think the pilots themselves touch the trim wheel though. Anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong :)

Ignition Override
30th Oct 2000, 10:26
Hi Jim: My compliments on bringing back your Apollo 13 crew in good shape! You spoke here to a group in my town recently but I didn't know about it in time to go. Next time!

jtr
30th Oct 2000, 21:31
The buses do have a trim, but when flying normally, i.e. all flight control computers working ok, it is not manipulated by the pilot. The computers operate such that in a normal regime, the sidestick input is a G command, and the trim control is moved by the PC`s. Imagine flying, and having the guy in the other seat trimming for you (and doing it perfectly)

747Dryvr
30th Oct 2000, 21:43
Thank You very much guys for this answer.

Someone brought the subject up and I said all airplanes have trim and that it wouldn't suprise about Airbus. I know nothing about airbus so that is why I asked the pros.. At Cathay.

Thanks,
Brian
Boeing Dryvr