PDA

View Full Version : Frogs, stalling and kebabs

MonkeyPilot
16th Jun 2003, 17:09
Hi everyone

Had another good flying lesson late on Saturday - no frogs or any other animals hiding under the aircraft to complicate the preflight check this week! Thanks for all the help on frogs life expectancy - my instructor Jimmy was very pleased he was right all along (why is it that he's always right???)

Anyway, did Ex10 this weekend... SCARY STUFF!!! Particularly when the wing dropped for the first time :eek:

As I was the last lesson of the day, Jimmy took me out for a few beers with some other students and pilots from the flying club. Turned into quite a good evening as we all ended up drinking far too much, walking home, getting a kebab on the way. Have always wondered what kebabs are made of (maybe its best not to know?) - the meat is never exactly recognisable is it! Knew full well on Sunday morning I had eaten a kebab with far too much chilli sauce!

Next weekend it's into the circuit. Very excited. Will let you know how I get on.

MP

hannny
16th Jun 2003, 19:41
I think kebabs ar made of lamb. Not sure though.

ratsarrse
17th Jun 2003, 03:35
Yes, lamb or 'mechanically reclaimed sheep product' at the very least...:yuk:

jonnys
17th Jun 2003, 03:59
I was told it was lamb. More like roadkill if you ask me (or even runway kill..!)

Sorry..!

DBChopper
17th Jun 2003, 05:53
I think you will find they are labelled:

"Multi-purpose Brown Catering Substance"

...in order that they can be used for any number of delicacies you may crave after a few flagons of loudmouth soup.

DBChopper
;)

mad_jock
17th Jun 2003, 06:23
Lamb

Lips and arseholes but boy does it taste great

;)

MJ

FlyingForFun
17th Jun 2003, 17:57
I used to eat quite often at a cheapo pizza place in Manchester. One of their toppings was Spicy Beef... until the mad cow scare, when Spicy Beef was taken off the menu, and replaced with Spicy Lamb. It looked and tasted exactly the same, and I doubt it was beef or lamb :eek:

FFF
-------------