PDA

View Full Version : Cheap flights to Canada?

magneticflip1
16th Jun 2003, 05:16
Hi guys,

Do you know any good websites that do cheap airfares to Vancouver from the UK?

Thanks!!

GuinnessPWS
17th Jun 2003, 00:59
http://www.airtransat.ca/

Check your PM's.

Hen Ddraig
17th Jun 2003, 23:31
try www.canadian-affair.com

Time to spare Go by air

xbushpilotjetnow
18th Jun 2003, 01:16
For better airfares call Air Transat in Canada or Air transat holidays in Canada

magneticflip1
18th Jun 2003, 01:58
Thanks guys for your posts. Most of these companies offer flights in the £600 region. Is there anywhere where I can get a flight for around £350 UK pounds? What have you paid in the past??

Lance Murdoch
18th Jun 2003, 03:29
If you are not in a hurry, it may be worth asking one of the American airlines and flying via the US. Ive been to Canada a few times and its usually a bit cheaper than flying direct to Canada.

GuinnessPWS
18th Jun 2003, 11:50
I don't know how many there are in the UK, but you can try an on-board courier outfit. They sell you a ticket but the catch is you have to travel only with carry-on. They use your baggage allotment for courier/document freight. It's completely legitimate and you don't even see the courier freight. Ticket is at a discount of course.

Just an idea, although a bucket shop may be able to do just as well without the restrictions.

PaperTiger
19th Jun 2003, 00:21
Do a bit of googling. Within 5 minutes I found a flight ex-LGW this Friday for ₤250 and a bunch for later dates in the ₤300-399 range. Consolidator-type fares so you takes yer chances, and obviously links not permissible here, but there are cheap fares out there. Of course if you wan't to go on a scheduled carrier, you won't get a flight for anything like that.

magneticflip1
19th Jun 2003, 01:45
PaperTiger,

Thanks!! Ive found some good flights for around £250! However one thing, most of these companies only seem to offer return flights for a duration of 7 or 14 days. Im looking to stay in Vancouver for around a month. In your opinion would this affect the price? Do you still think I could get a £250 flight over?

Thanks!

PaperTiger
19th Jun 2003, 05:34
I expect the real cheap flights are seats being dumped at short notice by charter operators. Since almost all their business is out-and-return loads, they usually have set durations (in weeks). You'd have to dig around some more for a month's stay. Might get cheaper the later in the season it gets if loads aren't what they planned for.

You're probably better looking in the travel ads in the paper or teletext than spending hours surfing the web.

Moonraker2003
19th Jun 2003, 11:41
Try Travellersweb.com

UK contact # as posted on website- 0870-9220145.
Speak with a guy called AIMES. Real helpful as well as gets you the best deal all over the world.

You can book on line too. Check out the website.

Hen Ddraig
20th Jun 2003, 00:52
The site I mentioned in my earlier post booked me outbound on TCX MAN-YVR early May, return on MYT YYZ-MAN late June no problem. The problem seems to occur if you try to book direct with the carrier .

Time to spare Go by air