PDA

View Full Version : LTN stands and that new taxiway.

LTNman
14th Jun 2003, 06:28
Does any LTN controller know if stands 9 and 9L will reopen when the new link taxiway is opened?

If they do reopen, due to limited clearance around these stands does anyone know up to what size of aircraft will be using the taxiway?

Will this new link taxiway always take aircraft in one direction only or will it be two way?

Buster the Bear
16th Jun 2003, 03:12
As I am aware, once the legal ownership of some land adjacent to the new taxiway Echo has been determind between BAL and TBI, 757's will be largest due to the Pizza Hut.

9 and 9L will continue, 10 and 11 will also remain even though they as well will be closed for a while during construction.

Folk should get a VERY good view of the planes from the Flying Club when the works are finished, then contractors will turn thier attention to the existing taxiways and runway.

Edited for paw trouble!

vintage ATCO
16th Jun 2003, 06:02
Well, it will be one way at a time! :D:D:D

Basically, a one way system depending on the runway in use, we think. :confused: We are shortly to practice in our sim and work out the methodology.

I haven't allowed for 9L, that was my understanding. Be careful what bears tell you.

VA

Powerjet1
16th Jun 2003, 13:24
Vintage ATCO

Do you have a date yet as to when this will become operational ?.

LTNman
16th Jun 2003, 14:23
Two way traffic mmmm. This could upset the local residents as power is applied to get up ski slope Echo

Buster the Bear
17th Jun 2003, 06:01
The "Ski slope" as you call it will fall within the regulations for permissable taxiway gradients according to the constructors.

Have you seen the hill toward A1?