PDA

View Full Version : Airline: Series 6

bush
1st Jun 2001, 20:17
LWT is going to film a sixth series of Airline over six months starting at the end of June. And the airline will be.....easyJet! How much more can we take? Or with 10 million viewers per episode is easyJet set to become a cult brand?
How about some easyMerchandise to go with the new series, pilot Ken dolls and Barbie hosties, OK maybe that's a little far fetched.

Big Red ' L '
1st Jun 2001, 20:28
Pi**es me off the way they film the Airline series. All screaming people and that's it. The BBC one about Heathrow is totally different, a good overall view of how things work at the busy airport. Don't like the Airline series, why don't they make it as interesting as the beeb one...??????

------------------
Its not the fall that kills you...Its the sudden stop.....

BOEINGBOY1
1st Jun 2001, 20:34
well unless there are two "airline" programmes both being filmed by LWT, monarch are the next airline to be followed. they have been filming in man / ltn for the past 3months !

cheer up
1st Jun 2001, 20:42
Bush - trust you and 'CN' will be doing the modelling for the Barbie hosties then !!

SkyClear
1st Jun 2001, 20:45
Does anyone know whether the airlines involved get paid anything? Or do they think it would be good publicity?
To me, having watched only a few episodes, it is bad publicity!

chilled
1st Jun 2001, 20:59
It's true LWT are using easyJet again for the 6th series. We have an ad out at work for project managers.

To my knowledge easyJet don't get paid by LWT, they just like the free advertising!

Happy flying all :)

You splitter
1st Jun 2001, 21:03
Hell no need to get paid for it....
Easyjet is a household name now. How much money would it cost in advertising to achieve that. No such thing as bad publicity either. The majority of viewers enjoy (not myself though) the slanging matches, but know what they are seeing is the exception and not the norm. If the orange brigade thought differant they'd have stopped it after the last series.

700 Girt Bar
2nd Jun 2001, 00:51
I think the airline series is brilliant publicity for easyJet - most passengers I come across think the arguments make the passengers look the silly ones and to be honest once the pax get on board the majority of them are happy enough. Why pay a whole lot more to fly on Big Airways only to get an all day deli bag?

I think the Barbie and Ken dolls would be a good idea - they could be modelled on Orangewing and Sexy Babe.

Orangewing
2nd Jun 2001, 14:22
700 Girtbar - Absolutely flattered you wish to use my chiseled jaw-line and rugged good looks (ahem!) to model the "ken" doll - excellent idea. Just as long as Sectorbabe and her ample broad chord rudder is not used to model "Barbie"!!! arf! arf!

eezypilot
2nd Jun 2001, 14:30
I agree Orangewing, sectorbabe(700 girtbar?) does have an incredibly low critical mach number!!!

160to4DME
2nd Jun 2001, 14:38
Have to agree with BoeingBoy on this one.

If EZY are being used again, who's filming Monarch at the moment...??the film crew said it was for the next Airline series.

Saw them filming a huge row on Friday at the MAN Monarch check-in ; Turkish guy trying to get to TFS without a visa....rivetting :)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wtpurser
2nd Jun 2001, 14:52
Dont know about you lot but I think that BBC's Airport is much better than Airline. More interesting and at one of the worlds busiest airports making it very diverse in is content. ;)

Just a thought. :)
WT.

dingducky
2nd Jun 2001, 15:54
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">pilot Ken dolls and Barbie hosties</font> :mad:
i want a pilot barbie! and perferably not dressed in orange!!! :)

------------------
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

SectorBabe
2nd Jun 2001, 22:55
orangewing/eezypilot
Have you both got it in for me or something??? Do I not make your hot drinks quick enough??? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif
I think you may have got me mixed up with a larger-sized purser at EZY. Me, I'm still my size 10!!
Am desperate to know who you think I am, coz I can bet you your favourite ham salad sandwich that you are wrong!!!
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

As for 'Airline' - Load of poop!!!! Makes us look stooopid.....!!!!

Overthehill
2nd Jun 2001, 22:58
Monarch Airlines is the next victim of the Airline programme. They started filming back in March and will be all summer. Will they show all the good bits? I think not!!!

700 Girt Bar
2nd Jun 2001, 23:13
Orangewing don't be so mean to the lovely Sectorbabe!!! She is definately a size 10 and makes hot drinks at supersonic speed.

SectorBabe
2nd Jun 2001, 23:23
Cheers me dear! :)

Not many people can get the tea brewing, whilst setting up their trolley and get the drinks into the flight deck by 10000ft!! Have got it down to a fine art after all these years!!

------------------
Remember where your tea & coffee comes from...!!!

700 Girt Bar
3rd Jun 2001, 14:30
Have you fallen asleep Orangewing? Or are you chiselling your chin ready for the next lot of filming?

PAXboy
3rd Jun 2001, 16:07
It is interesting that folks think that the only thing Easy get from the series is publicity. Personnally, I think they get a whole lot more ...

They get free staff training videos!

Each week all the staff at EZY can watch to see how the punters CAN be so stoopid and yet still win! It helps all workers, particular those in the office that do not meet pax face to face, to see what happens. There is no way they can deny the horror stories that the check-in and ticket agents tell them in the coffee room!

Meanwhile, the management get custom made, in-house training videos - for free!

Does it make the line and their staff look bad? Sometimes BUT that is part of the process of growing from start-up to major discount airline. The fact that the public like to watch - in their millions - as people slang each other off, is a bonus as it allows the series to continue.

A window seat on the sunny side of the plane, please!

[This message has been edited by PAXboy (edited 03 June 2001).]

The Reverend Billy Gibbon
3rd Jun 2001, 16:22
How about a CD release from Lance and the Leather Trousers!

[This message has been edited by The Reverend Billy Gibbon (edited 03 June 2001).]

[This message has been edited by The Reverend Billy Gibbon (edited 03 June 2001).]

schoolkid
3rd Jun 2001, 18:34
A word of warning.If you think that airline is bad don't watch Lagos airport,on discovery wings

SectorBabe
3rd Jun 2001, 18:58
Whether it is good or bad publicity, one thing is for sure, easyJet is now a household name, thanks to this programme.

Still, have to agree with wtpurser that 'Airport' is done much better. 'Airline' makes us look like we have alot of 'fresh out of college' employees that really have no experience in dealing with Joe Public.

Maybe we should switch to BBC???!!%^£

------------------

SectorBabe
3rd Jun 2001, 19:03
Hey 700 girt bar, hows tricks?!!!

I see orangewing is in hybernation.... !!!!!

------------------

700 Girt Bar
3rd Jun 2001, 20:49
Sectorbabe
Maybe orangewing has realised who you really are and feels guilty!!

see you soon for another large orange juice.

beamer
3rd Jun 2001, 21:17
Any organisation that allows a 'fly on the wall' team in to fill them has to balance the
attendant publicity with the 'freedom' of the
director to show warts and all. The list of
disasters is a long one - RAF, BA, Trouble-
shooter etc. On the other hand there have been some good ones - Para, Sailor and so on.

Easyjet (Stelios) have made a clear and judged decision to take the plunge and have
seen their profile raised on ITV. They did
not choose to look at pilots for the majority
of the time because we tend to come over as
boring clones - ask the cabin staff ! Much
better TV to focus on angry passengers and
check-in desk personnel who have taken some
form of American 'people management course'.
The less said about that dispatcher at Liverpool the better.

Now Monarch are to take the plunge - will it
be the same; angry punters, pilots waxing
lyrical about another sunrise northbound
from Greece or Turkey, cabin staff being
verbally abused and the aircraft being trashed by the customers ?
Hopefully the director will be able to come up with a new slant but I won't hold my
breath on that one.

Airline was'nt a patch on Airport from the
'trade' point of view because the latter focused on a wide range of airline operations
as opposed to a few individuals. There is
a little bit too much from the animal handler
and it would be nice to see a little more of
the aircraft but as I said before the whole
programme is intended for punters and not for
those who take part in a forum such as Prune.

Good luck Monarch - but remember whose bright
idea it was if it all turns to tears !

Orangewing
4th Jun 2001, 02:48
Chin is now sufficiently chiselled. Sectorbabe, you are scottish are you not?I'll
be b******d if your are a size ten!!
All I want is to meet a nice hostie and settle down.......Maybe 700GB??
But we must stop filming this dreadful program, it does us no favours at all.

SectorBabe
4th Jun 2001, 13:48
My dear orangewing, you diffinately have got me mixed up with someone else!

'Southwestener' through and through I'm afraid!! and yes, I now believe you are a bit b******d, cos it's size 10s all round!!!

Me and 700 Girt Bar will now proceed in being smug!!

Orange juice is on me next time, girt bar!!

------------------

eezypilot
4th Jun 2001, 15:18
hey Orangewing.

I think you are right in assuming sectorbabe is a jock and a dyed blonde too!!!

As regards filming, hundreds of flights go on schedule without any problems but that would'nt be "good telly" now would it?

SectorBabe
4th Jun 2001, 19:30
er, hello? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif Did I not JUST say that I am from the southwest?? I do mean England as well, just in case you chuck that back at me!! You really should start paying more attention!

Will be extremely insulted if you think I am a dyed blond scot, who has been saving the world over in Fiji or somewhere!! (Old crew at ezy will know who I mean!)

You guys have really got the wrong end of the stick! Can not stop laughing, thinking about your faces when you do find out who I am!! Keep guessing, as honestly, you are nowhere near!!(would tell you if you are!) :) :) :) :)

Re: airline, maybe if we starting filming alpha presenting the crew with their crew food, we would get more sympathy from the public and possibly food donations...Just a thought..

------------------

eezypilot
4th Jun 2001, 20:48
sectorbabe, I hav'nt seen a size 10 in the crewroom so if you can fib about your size, fibbing about your origin will hardly touch your conscience. Now , would you like to be known as "jock" or "blondie"?

Goforfun
4th Jun 2001, 21:12
Lost count the number of times pax have asked me on GO why easyJet allow themselves to be filmed!

Seems people DO take note of the crap service easy offer! :)

[This message has been edited by Goforfun (edited 04 June 2001).]

SectorBabe
4th Jun 2001, 21:34
Eezypilot - neither thanks. Look in the smoking room, you will find myself, along with many other size 10s!
Could really give you a huge clue to my identity, especially if you have been at ezy for a while, but then that wouldn't be any fun!
No reason to fib about my origin - am loud and proud of my country accent!! :) :) :)

By the way, if you can't see any size 10s in the crew room, should you really be at easyjet as you obviously have very poor eyesight??!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by SectorBabe (edited 04 June 2001).]

Orangewing
5th Jun 2001, 01:37
Goforfun,could not agree more,the service IS c**p,and the hosties could do with learning a manner or two,but you get what you pay for???
Sectorbabe,I don't wish hijack a good thread and risk closing the topic by getting involved in a personal slanging match,so I suggest you pay the Jetblast forum a quick visit!

BTB
5th Jun 2001, 14:21
I`ve flown with sectorbabe, it was a sector;she is a babe, recently married and I wish I`d got there first! Size 10 at MOST! Leave her alone, you`ve got her confused with someone else!

BOEINGBOY1
5th Jun 2001, 14:38
and back to the subject in hand. enough ezyjet talk, monarch are the next airline to be featured. we are not proud of it, and it will probably make us too, look like a bunch of tw@ts.

------------------
IT'S BETTER TO BE ON THE GROUND, WISHING YOU WERE IN THE AIR - THAN IT IS TO BE IN THE AIR, WISHING YOU WERE ON THE GROUND !

SectorBabe
5th Jun 2001, 18:41
Orangewing, No slanging match intended - enough of that!!! :) :)

BOEINGBOY1 - Have got my fingers crossed for you that your series of Airline goes alot better than ours! Good luck!!!

Gspot
5th Jun 2001, 19:22
To all of you Easyjet guys.

Let the morons take this p$%S and throw all the sticks and stones they want about service meals et al.

Here at Southwest Airlines we get the same kind of stuff until people realize that with the $600 they saved on their ticket they can rent a Limo to take themselves and their girlfriend out to the nicest resturant in town and still have enough change to buy a bunch of flowers for their wife. Oh and by the way with our on time performance and 20 minute turns they will still be home on time.

It's all down to doing business and giving the Customers what they really want, that is why we posted 1st quarter profits of $121m closely followed by Continental with $9m (yes that is $9m) who were incidentally the only other one in the black. Delta American United all were $000m's in the red. We can't even spell furlo, ferlough, furlow #$%&*(! ugh!

Keep it up.

700 Girt Bar
5th Jun 2001, 20:53
Crap service on easyjet - i think NOT!!!!!

Maybe airline should spend a bit more time in the air filming then people would realise what good service we give!!!

[This message has been edited by 700 Girt Bar (edited 05 June 2001).]

700 Girt Bar
5th Jun 2001, 20:58
Hey Orangewing just saw what you wrote on page 2 - if you are looking to settle down give me a shout!!!!! Sectorbabe will vouch for my beauty, polished manners and sparkling personality.

Whiskey Zulu
5th Jun 2001, 21:13
Despite the fact that LWT portays EZY in a bad light at times, Monarch agreed to be filmed based on the fact that seat sales appear to have gone through the roof at EZY since filming began. Apparently the statisticians have shown that 85% of people only remember the name of the airline and the good things they see. With spotty M needing to increase their public profile due to Crown Service scheduled flights, it seems to make good business sense. The cringe factor will no doubt be as high as ever though, as they (LWT) tend to concentrate on the negative and ignore the positive.

Lord Fulmer
6th Jun 2001, 00:45
I guess if it was all positive, it would be verging on being an advert !

eezypilot
7th Jun 2001, 01:09
Sectorbabe, Orangewing is calling you on the Jetblast forum

darkstar_45
7th Jun 2001, 02:08
Oh no, not more of that garbage, can hardly be good PR.
Thing that saddens me is that out of all the arguments at check in etc...a lot can be avioded. It seems no EZY check in staff ever use a bit of initiative ( ok their young and pehaps afraid of management but I bet at the interview they said, they had confidence and the abilty to think for themselves!! - why not show it!,
It seems on the Documentary they are forever fobbing the blame off to other people not actually there ( suprise suprise)
For example if someone is late by 5 minutes for check in and the desk is closed-
for christ sakes, use a bit of initiative! Your only going to infuriate the passenger by sticking to the procedures and saying no sorry too late! ok so airlines have regulations and procedures ( but they are there to be broken! what ever happened to customer satisfaction - a trait cheap no-frills airlines such as easyjet have sadly forgotten
I worked in check in a while ago for a number of years and i frequently let late ( 5-15mintue) checks in's go ahead ( yes even with low fares no-frills airlines such as Easyjet) - I never got in trouble - all it takes is a bit of initiative and sometimes a little cunning.
I promise you this, You will save yourself a lot of hastle and bad press and you will get a thank you at the end of it!

[This message has been edited by darkstar_45 (edited 06 June 2001).]