PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to ATC for making a newcomer feel safe

Helisell
9th Jun 2003, 20:33
I'm close to getting my PPL(H) and fly out of Peterculter with HJS helicopters. Carried out a 45 minute solo nav. excercise today from Culter to Alford, Huntley and back to the Loch of Skene.

I just wanted to say a big thankyou to Aberdeen ATC.

In between talking to the big boys you listened patiently to my incoherent babbling and gave me a feeling of reassurance that if anything were to go wrong, I was in safe hands.

I read posts critisising ATC for lack of patience and wanted to let you know that if you ever wonder whether your efforts are appreciated . . . they are!

Regards
Herbie

Bright-Ling
10th Jun 2003, 00:25
Well done Aberdeen.....

Do they have Big Boys up there now then????!!? And no - Shaky Lakey ain't a big boy. Not by a country mile.

B-L

Cuddles
11th Jun 2003, 05:20
Helisell

If the BAA weren't security - tastic you'd be able to come for a visit to see what we get up to, and thank the busy end ofthe room in person. Perhaps when things have calmed down a bit...

BL

The person to whom you are referring is still the least colossal member of staff on the unit, to the best of my knowledge.:D

Gonzo
11th Jun 2003, 06:42
B-L,

Thought I knew who you were, but now you reveal you know Shakey.......Hmmmmmmmm:hmm:

Gonzo.