PDA

View Full Version : Fokker 100/70

Tiger
9th Jun 2003, 17:19
In the last couple of weeks whilst driving down to the North Side Car Park at LHR I`ve noticed that bmi Fokker 100`s have been using reverse on landing rather than the speed brakes. I use to work on the F100/70 with BM as cabin crew and the years I spent on them [which was daily as BHX based] this was never used. Any reasons why reverse is being used now?

Yellow Sun
10th Jun 2003, 20:48
Tiger

I use to work on the F100/70 with BM as cabin crew and the years I spent on them [which was daily as BHX based] this was never used.

The time you spent with BM must have had a long term effect Tiger. Reverse idle is selected on all landings. The reason is that once on the ground selection of reverse will deploy the lift dumpers. This is the backup to allow for failure of the automatic liftdumper system. Speedbrake may be used on landing, but is dicretionary. If you were at BHX we would probably have flown together - I was on the Fokker with BM for a long time.

Don't worry, after a while away from the influence of Donington Hall your memory will return to normal!

Rgds
YS

Tiger
10th Jun 2003, 21:23
Ta for that..saw the "clam shell" [called that?] over rear of the engines like on the 9. mmm well I escaped BM late 90`s...brain slowly recovering. ;)