PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help Reqd Instructor Rating in uk

syed
9th Jun 2003, 15:53
Hi Readers

I am planning to do my Instructor Rating in next few months.

could anyone gives me details of good flying training school to go

to for cheap and good standard of training. Also details of the

content and hours required for Instructor Rating.

Thankyou Guys:ok: :ok:

foxmoth
9th Jun 2003, 16:08
cheap flying, as most of us know, is an oxymoron.
Chichester (Goodwood) is good standard but may be a little far away for you.

FormationFlyer
10th Jun 2003, 14:58
As for requirements try the CAA website....or better still buy a copy of LASORS 2003 for 10 quid. It covers a huge amount of stuff - and youll find it invaluable as an instructor anyway.

Regards,
FF

NorthSouth
11th Jun 2003, 17:03
If you're in Scotland then the only place doing FI training is Tayside Aviation at Perth - 01738 553357. Sandy Torrance is the CFI. The training's not cheap (is it anywhere?) but I'd say the standard's good. I did the course there two years ago. E-mail me direct if you want any more info.

Down 'n' Hanging
14th Jun 2003, 00:04
Hi Syed

Look through these forums, do a web-search and see what you come up with when looking for a decent good quality FTO that does the FI(A) Course.

Cheap shouldn't always come into the equation - high standards and good quality instruction should. There's the old saying you only get what you pay for.

A little investigation now could save you money in the longer term. Check out prices, and ensure that you know exactly what you're getting, or not getting, for that price. Are there any hidden extras etc.

Remember, how you are taught on the course is how you'll teach your future students. Sorry if this sounds like I'm teaching you to suck eggs, but it's realistic.

LASORS or the FTOs you find will tell you the requirements etc.

Good luck and happy hunting

Regards D 'n' H

DB6
14th Jun 2003, 06:07
Yep, give Tayside a go. Not sure of the prices but standards are high and you'll save by being in the vicinity (unless by Scotland you mean Durness or Portpatrick).:ok: