PDA

View Full Version : Take- off speed schedule

bronlund
8th Jun 2003, 00:03
Hi everyboby !

I'm trying to figure out the complete speed schedule from Brake release point up to V2 with a "class A" aircraft, and i could really need some help on it..

I'm not sure about it, but the order i have figured out sounds like this:

- Brake release point
- Vmcg
- Vmc
- Vef
- V1
- Vr
- Vmu
- Vlof
- V2min
- V2
- V4

As i said, i'm not sure about if this is in the correct order, so quote me if im wrong, and if you think of any other speeds there are missing in this schedule please come with your suggestion on the correct schedule..

thanks.. :ok:

Mad (Flt) Scientist
8th Jun 2003, 00:36
There is no single order to the limiting speeds.

The regs apply some constraints between some of the speeds, but there is nothing defining it in such a deterministic fashion.

You could add Vs to your list too, but it'll only make it more confusing I'm afraid.

tunneler
8th Jun 2003, 05:09
Best way i found to remember it was the V1 can never be lower than Vmcg, can never be higher than Vmbe, not Vr. V2 is the min control speed in the air. Work it from there :)

Tinstaafl
8th Jun 2003, 07:42
Some things can be more limiting than others at different times. They're not all related so sometimes one is more of a problem, other times something else. Various certification rules decide which parameter must be considered most critical depending on circumstance.

Also the limits for some can be either/or/both in terms of upper & and lower speeds, each with different ranges, varying on the day. Ranges can overlap.