PDA

View Full Version : Current NATS selection status!

Inverted81
6th Jun 2003, 18:42
Hi,
I've just sent my application form to NATS and had a reply within 3 days!! from the threads i've read i assume the rate of correspondance drops from here on in....
They are currently stating that due to high success rates in previous selection they have postponed interviews/tests until autumn this year for courses next year.... They said they'd contact me in September for an interview... we can only wait and see! lets hope!

any other info on time scales etc..... when could i realistically look at starting a course if i'm sucessfull?
Also anyone at luton/stansted that may be able to organise a visit for me to go and have a chat to some ATCO's and perhaps get more of a feel for the job would be brilliant, i have a PPL and have only ever spoken to you guys over the radio!!
Thanks in advance
Chris
:rolleyes:

A1500
6th Jun 2003, 19:10
Have a look at:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89883[/URL]

It will answer your questions on start dates and expected times to wait. I am in the same position as you, but i posted my application off in March and they said they will contact me in July regarding a selection test date.

A1500

45 before POL
7th Jun 2003, 06:15
There are many things that have possibly contributed to the delay in the recruitment aspect:-

1. the success rate of applicatons as you were informed

2. the move for recruitment in relocating from Kemble St to the South coast may have had an impact.

3. The cancelling of the July03 and reduction in numbers in Oct03 intake to restructure the course.(this is to NATS and future students benefit as course will not necessarilly be 18 months).

4. Also build up of students going through training on the increase, with holding occurring.

All I can say is be patient, if you have the right aptitude and motivation you will make it....Good luck
:ok: