PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Questions

Mr Benn
12th Sep 2000, 01:39
Here is a couple of questions that I cannot find any reference to in the FCOMs.
The first is seemingly simple. What is the take-off pitch trim range? I know the max on the green band is 4.5 degrees up but I am not sure about the down. Is this the same for both A320 and A321 aircraft?
The second question, again I can't find any reference to it in the manuals, but someone may know.
If you are on final approach in an A321, and you are in DC Emergency Config, when you put the landing gear down, what are the considerations? Would the landing gear retract normally in the event of a go-around? Is the DC Ess Bus lost during the gear extension? Would this cause loss of coms?
Appreciate any info.

Saint-Ex
12th Sep 2000, 14:57
Mr Benn,

THS trim limits are

XG = or >17% -2.5 degrees.
XG = or <40% +2.5 degrees.

Can`t answer for A321.

Yes the gear will come up.
You will retain VHF 1 as it is available with Flight Batteries Only.

Boxer
13th Sep 2000, 13:20
I agree with previous on trim limits.... as to where to find same, I think you will find in limitations. I also could not find them written down but they are displayed on a representation of a load and trim sheet for the indivdiual aircraft.
As for flight on BAT after gear extension.... I believe this problem has been rectified with the new series of 320 and is not a problem on the 321. On the older series A320 you had to be aware of the fact that the rat would stall at speeds below 140kts. So in the event of prolonged flight on BAT then considerations to systems which are a high load on the bat i.e.probe anti ice. These are located overhead on the emergency panel and are useually collered.During a go around If in fact the gear retract system does fail then you must fool the aircraft into thinking it has retracted the gear. You do this by pulling the LGCIU sys1 cb overhead and then need to accelerate to a min of 180 kts to restart the rat. This reconnects the csmu and saves bat life. Hope that helps (these can be found in fcom 3 abnormal & emergency)

Saint-Ex
13th Sep 2000, 14:27
ADIR 1, which controls the gear retraction, is not lost at gear extension because it will operate on batteries only. Bringing up the gear will also re-set the emergency generator.